- 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━┓
SEVEN
┗━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER IIIA BROTHER'S LOVE

𓃬
CHAPTER III
A BROTHER'S LOVE

To the Raging Lion, family was more important than anything. Those who were bounded to him by blood he swore to protect until he could no more. Even those he despised, he would protect as long as they were family. King Joffrey Baratheon - his predecessor - was one of those he despised, yet protected. It was no secret The Raging Lion despised the boy. He did not try to hide it. Publicly he would ridicule the king, mock him and joke about him. To Cassius, there was no one more unworthy to sit on the throne. Still, he protected his nephew the best he could, but he could not protect him of the poison that had slithered down his cup.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter III of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       IT HAD BEEN DONE. Robert Baratheon had been fatally ripped open by a boar, laying on his deathbed. The room stunk of blood and death, a smell Cassius had gotten used to over the years. He stood in front of Robert's bed, hand on the hilt of his sword as Joffrey tried his hardest to make it seem like he cared about his so called father.

       "I should've spent more time with you. Shown you how to be a man." Robert told the boy.

       'If only you would've, then maybe he wouldn't have turned out to be such a cunt.'

       "I was never meant to be a father."

       'Clearly.' Cassius bitterly thought.

       Robert Baratheon never even had the time to look at his children. More busy with fucking and drinking and hunting. Those were his priorities, not his children or his family. It disgusted Cassius, made him want to stab the man himself to finish him. How could one not care for their own family? For the children he considered flesh and blood? Cassius couldn't understand it, nor would he ever. He had been a better role model for Myrcella and Tommen than Robert ever would've been, and he was proud of it.

       "Go, you don't want to see this." Joffrey obliged after a little while leaving the room while Ned Stark entered.

       Cassius went to stand next to his sister, pushing Maester Pycelle away from her.

       "My fault. Too much wine, missed my thrust." Ned pulled down the blanket covering the wound.

       Cassius grimaced only slightly as the wound came in view. It was a big one, flaps of flesh torn away from Robert's belly, he had been ripped open like a cow being prepared for supper.