- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙾𝚗𝚎

┏━━━━━━━━┓
TWENTY-ONE
┗━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XIIIFORBIDDEN DESIRE

𓃬
CHAPTER XIII
FORBIDDEN DESIRE

Every man had a weakness, some had a weakness for ale, others for women and some for coin. Some would flaunt their weaknesses around for all to see, others would keep it deep inside them so it could not be exploited. No one knew the weaknesses of Cassius Lannister. When family would be threatened, he would not flinch, not until it was too late for the one who dared to cross him. When his title was threatened, he would stay strong and end those who threatened it. It was not known, but Cassius Lannister had two weaknesses. The first one was family. For family he would have given everything. The second , because he would even brush family aside to get what he wanted.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XIII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

MYRCELLA DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW LONG SHE HAD BEEN PACING THE GARDENS OF SUNSPEAR. Ever since she had heard that Stannis was sailing to King's Landing in the hopes of taking it for himself, she had been restless. She knows how merciless and unforgiving Stannis is, and she knows that if he would have succeeded, her entire family would be murdered with no mercy. Her brothers would die, her mother would die, her uncle would die, and her father would die.

She didn't know what she would do if she would lose them, what she would do if she would lose both her mother and her father. They had been there for her since the beginning, there to raise her and to take care of her, to love her and reassure her, to make her the girl she is now. Nor did she know what to do if Tommen would be taken from her, her little brother, her playmate and the boy who she could always count on whenever she had a bad day.

Without them she would be lost, a girl living without no actual purpose, no actual reason as to why she is alive.

It had been days since the battle, yet there was no message, no raven sent. Nothing. They knew nothing about what had happened in King's Landing. Every single day her hope diminished a little more, and the dread in the pit of her stomach piled up.

She wasn't the only one who was restless however, it seemed all of the Martells shared her feeling. Prince Doran, who took much liking to the man who made his only daughter shine. Prince Oberyn, who loved the man like he was his own son, or a little brother, the man he had knighted himself when Cassius was but a little boy. Her betrothed Trystane, who has many fond memories about her uncle, like the way he would join Trystane to play with him in the Water Gardens, or would pluck him the freshest of the ripe blood oranges when he himself could not reach them. The Sand Snakes, who he always sparred with as Oberyn, Ellaria and Doran watched them. Ellaria, who loved him just as much as Doran did, and considers him the son she never had.