- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
TWENTY-SEVEN
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━┓TWENTY-SEVEN┗━━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬
CHAPTER XVII
DEATH TO THE KING

King Joffrey had never shown much interest towards his realm. Rather than that, he would do anything to amuse himself. His favourite pastime was standing upon the walls of the Red Keep, crossbow in hand, and shooting down upon his people, who begged him for aid during the War of the Five Kings. It did not take long before his people wished him dead, whispers became talk and talk became shouts until nothing else was heard in King's Landing. Not even his marriage to Queen Margaery Tyrell could save his dwindling reputation. The day he died, every commoner lit a candle, not to mourn the Boy King, but to celebrate his death, and to celebrate the one who would come after Joffrey, First of His Name.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XVII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       THE WAVES ROCKED ARIANNE GENTLY. Her hands gripped the railing of the ship that was sailing her to King's Landing tightly. Her eyes were filled with excitement as she looked down upon the foaming blue beneath her. In only a few days, she would not only see Cassius again. She would marry him, love him more than anyone else could, and become the queen of her people. A dream she would never even have hoped to come true, would actually become reality.

A short distance away, Myrcella and Trystane both leaned against the railing, her delicate arm wrapped around his firm one and her head on his shoulder.

She smiled softly seeing them both. Soon that would be her, no thought could excite her more. She'd be away from Dorne while she was to marry him, and a short while after that. But she had no doubt that he would not mind it whenever she would go back to Dorne to take up her duty as the Ruling Princess of Dorne when her father would pass, or to visit her family and her people while he was still alive. He valued family more than anything, and would surely understand and agree with her motive.

It was a harsh reality, one that disappointed her. But she would be happier married to Cassius and only being in Dorne whenever necessary, than marrying a Lord she does not love and does not care for while staying in Dorne.

She heard the wood creak behind her as someone approached. Arianne hoped it would be Nymeria or Tyene, perhaps even Obara, anyone but Daemon at least. Sadly, it had to be the last of those four options.

A sigh fell from her lips as he approached with a small grin, standing beside her and putting his hands to the railing the same way hers were situated.