- 𝚃𝚠𝚘

┏━━━┓
TWO
┗━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER ITHE BASTARD OF CASTERLY ROCK

𓃬
CHAPTER I
THE BASTARD OF CASTERLY ROCK

The bastard lion had always held love for children, something which came to him when he was but a boy himself. To him, there was nothing more precious in this world than the little people that would run around and play. They had no care in the world but making sure their tunics or dresses would not get too dirtied while playing. Cassius would always envy children, how careless they could be and how free. He longed to be a child again, just to remember what it feels like to have no duties, no responsibilities.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter I of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       CASSIUS HAD NEVER BEEN SCARED OF DEATH. It's something that comes to everyone. Death takes some early, in the heat of battle. Some get taken slow, withering away in bed after living a fulfilling life, surrounded by their children and grandchildren as they say their last goodbyes before they would be taken away to one of the heavens, or hells.

Children however, are supposed to be full of life, exploring and discovering. Children don't deserve to be exposed to the hardships of life just yet, or lose their lives at the time where they are just getting to know it.

If there is one thing that Cassius misses the most, then it's his childhood. Times where he would secretly steal a piece of bread in Lannisport for the friends he had made there, or when Jaime would take him riding along the Westerlands. Times where he would jump off the cliffs to annoy his father, or splash his sister with water just to annoy her. Times when uncle Kevan would sneak him some sweets when his father would deny them because he messed up another lesson.

The childhood of one was a time where you could be free, with only sometimes being scolded on the things you do or say. You're still small, so you get excused of most things.

It's not the time where your life gets taken, which is exactly why Cassius's heart sunk once he heard what had happened to Bran.

Immediately he made his way to the tower where Bran was kept. No child should have to go through this, and Cassius wanted to pay his respects and show his support, even if it meant through words and promises.

He knocked softly on the door, the hoarse voice of Catelyn Stark inviting him in. He gently opened the door, walking inside with a bow of his head.

"My Lady." He voiced, keeping his hands behind his back to avoid fiddling with them, a habit he had developed.

       His father didn't like it, the fiddling of his fingers making it seem as he was always nervous, or scared. He told Cassius to keep his hands behind his back, clasped in one another whenever he wasn't using them. Usually he would, though sometimes he preferred to hold his sword belt, or the hilt of Lion's Rage with one hand, and his belt with the other.