- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

┏━━━━━━━━┓
TWENTY-FOUR
┗━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XVHE HAS COME, AND WE WILL SERVE

𓃬
CHAPTER XV
HE HAS COME, AND WE WILL SERVE

In the year of 299 AC, the story of Azor Ahai was nothing but a legend, a story written down in history books that dated back thousands of years ago — even before Aegon's Conquest. What we did not yet realise, was that all legends would once again become reality. You could not predict when or why, how it will happen and to who it will happen. Legends will become reality again, stories will be stories no more. Though all men will die, some will be born again, and they will do things that none has ever done before. It would only be a matter of time, and in 272 AC, that time had come.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XV of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

ARIANNE WAS SPEEDING THROUGH THE HALLS OF SUNSPEAR. Her father had called for her, something he rarely did now. Whenever he called for her, she knew it was something either really good, or really bad. She had hoped that this time it would be the former.

       She was hesitant to leave Myrcella alone with her cousins, seeing as she had never actually been alone with them. She had no choice, Areo Hotah had come for her himself, something he never did unless it was as urgent as it could be.

Her father had only returned from the Water Gardens for a day, but it seemed he was busy with work as soon as he arrived. She did not know why, usually he left the duties to her uncle Oberyn, preferring to spend his limited days watching the children play in the gardens. Now he refused to let anyone try to help him, doing his work all on his own.

She stopped in front of the door, knocking on it softly. She stepped inside when her father called for her, stopping in front of the desk where he sat. Her eyebrows slightly furrowed seeing the bags under his eyes and the many letters sprawled across his desk.

       How busy had he truly been? Never has he looked this exhausted.

       Areo shut the door behind him, walking to stand beside his prince. The butt of his long axe hit the sandstone floors with a thud that echoed loudly through her father's large chamber.

       "Father." She greeted with a small nod.

       "Arianne, I hope you do not mind I have not spent more time with you since I have returned."

       She shook her head. "You are busy, very busy. I would not want to distract you."

       He hummed. "I'm sorry I had you whisked away so abruptly, but I have something important to inform you of."