- 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━━┓
THIRTEEN
┗━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER VIIMORE THAN ENEMIES, MORE THAN FRIENDS

𓃬
CHAPTER VII
MORE THAN ENEMIES, MORE THAN FRIENDS

The Raging Lion had never openly confessed Myrcella Baratheon was his daughter. He did not need to for men, women and children all over the Seven Kingdoms to know. It is rumoured that he has told only closest to him, though nothing has ever been confirmed. With this case, it seemed confirmation was not needed. For the first time in many years, a child of incest was born into the royal family. Yet the people did not care, for the Princess was a woman many aspired to be. A woman many others would look up to for many more years. I remember when I was but a boy, only recently being called to King's Landing. I cared for Cassius on his death bed. "She is the purest I have known, a woman others should aspire to be." He had said to me, and I could not have agreed more.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter VII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

GIEDRICK CHEERED ON LORAS HAPPILY DURING HIS DUEL. He was seated on the steps leading to where Renly and Margaery were sitting side by side. Garlan was seated on his side, smiling at Giedrick's enthusiasm.

       "So, how are you enjoying lordship?" Garlan asked over the noise, looking at the boy.

       Truthfully Giedrick didn't think it was all too different, the only difference was that he now called the shots, and had to think more rather than stand and wait. He quite enjoyed it, happy that Cassius had taught him that together with daily squire duties.

       "It's not too bad, I suppose the bad part will come into play later." Giedrick responded, wincing at a blow Loras received from his opponent.

       "It will, my brother isn't even lord of Highgarden yet and he already has duty after duty."

       "I suppose it is good distraction for him, seeing as his injured leg refrains him from doing all too much."

       "That is true, well noticed! He has indeed in some way learned to enjoy it, well... appreciate it."

       Garlan sighed. "It's sad Cassius had to leave. I would've loved to duel him, see how good he has gotten over the years."

       "Lot's better than before, that's for sure. He's taken more advice than just the beard, he's been training with several other swordsmen as well, sometimes even six at once, a piece of cake for him now."

       Garlan laughed. "Of course he has! Well if he is capable of fighting six to one and win, then I fear I am no match for him."

       "Then I believe no one will be a match for him anymore." Giedrick joked with Garlan, smiling at the bark of laughter that came from the knight beside him.