- 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━┓
FIFTEEN
┗━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER IXTHE KING OF THE PEOPLE

𓃬
CHAPTER IX
THE KING OF THE PEOPLE

The people of King's Landing were people who had been wronged for many years. Over the three hundred years, their lives had deteriorated until their lives were more surviving rather than living. In the more recent years, no king seemed to truly care for his people. They cared about their wealth, their power and their reputation. They failed to consider the reputation they would receive from their people, a reputation that travelled further than any other did. The people of King's Landing believed there was only one true man who would care for them like a king should. That man was Cassius Lannister, to them he was their king, the King of the People.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter IX of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       CASSIUS HAD HIS JAW CLENCHED, HIS FINGERS DIGGING INTO THE SCROLL GIEDRICK HAD DELIVERED HIM. The squire watched in worry as Cassius grew red, crumpling the letter and throwing it out of his window.

"Who was it from?" Giedrick asked carefully.

"Margaery. Renly is dead, believed to be killed by one of Stannis's men." Cassius growled, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

Out of anger he picked up his goblet of wine, throwing it at the wall with so much force that part of his wall crumbled to the ground as the glass of his goblet shattered, clattering to the ground and the wine staining his stone floor.

"FUCK!" He yelled in frustration, his fingers digging into his hair and pulling at it.

       Giedrick immediately rushed to his side, pulling him onto the bed and wrapping his arms around him in a hug. Cassius leaned his head into the crook of Giedrick's neck, his hands relaxing and wrapping around Giedrick.

       "He was my friend." Cassius whispered.

       "I know Cassius, I know." Giedrick shushed him, leaning his head onto Cassius's.

       "I don't understand Giedrick. How can love between brothers, between family turn sour enough for them to want to kill each other?"

       "Unlimited power is desirable to many, including Stannis and Renly. So desirable that at the end they would even kill each other for it."

       "I cannot imagine killing my own siblings just to sit on that hideous throne, and rule a whole kingdom." Cassius muttered before pulling away from Giedrick.

       He felt numb, empty. Renly's death should've made him feel so much more, yet all it did was anger him for a split second, before he went back to the emotionless state he had forced himself to go in to during the beginning of the war. He felt guilty, but there was no use to mourning. All he could do now is avenge Renly, kill Stannis and his men and make sure the people he still loves will be safe, and away from harm.