Work

Colby starts to car, and begins to drive off. My phone for some reason didn't charge all that much last night, so I had to charge it in Colby's car.

"I would ask how you slept last night but by what you told me, you didn't." Colby says. "Yeah." I chuckle. "Well how did you sleep?" I ask. "Pretty good actually. I haven't slept that well in a couple weeks actually, I don't know why." He tells me. "Well you ended up falling asleep during the movie. I probably wouldn't have realized if you didn't fall over." I say.

"Fall over?" Colby questions. "Yeah, you like slid over and fell on my shoulder." I say. "Oh, shoot. I'm sorry." He laughs awkwardly. "No, it's okay don't worry about it. The only hard part was leaving the room." I say. "What do you mean?" He asks. "Well I let you sleep on me for like, probably 15 min or so? And then I decided to go to bed. But I wanted to help you into yours first." I explain.

"So I had to get up without walking you, I had to move you down and under your covers, which you are very heavy by the way, and I had to try and keep quiet while I did it." I finish.

I wasn't looking directly at Colby at the moment, but I could see him smirking slightly, with blushed filled cheeks. "You could have just woke me up." He says. I turn my head, and lean my head back on the seat. "Well I can't go back now, can I." I say, smirking at the boy. Colby giggles and looks back at the road.

We both sit silent for another few minutes, until I accidently let out a loud sigh.

"What?" Colby asks. "I don't want to go to work." I complain. "Well like I said, you can call in-" Colby begins. "No, I don't want to call in sick. I'm just tired of working there, it's boring." I say. "A lot of jobs are boring." Colby says. "Well, I mean yeah sure, but I mean it's Starbucks. The place is supposed to be cool." I say. "

"Well, some things aren't what they seem to be." Colby says, frowning lightly. "Yeah." I sigh, leaning my head against the window.

"Y'know what, why don't we play some music. I've got a song I wanna show you." I say, turning on my phone. "If it's country I'm throwing you out of the car." Colby lies. "Then I won't have to worry." I say. I connected my phone to bluetooth, and went on spotify to search for the song. "Here it is." I say quietly. I clicked on the song, and it began to play.

You've got me shaking from the way you're talking
My heart is breaking but there's no use crying
What a cyanide surprise you have left for my eyes
If I had common sense I'd cut myself or curl up and die

Sticks and stones could break my bones
But anything you say will only fuel my lungs

Don't mind us we're just spilling our guts
If this is love I don't wanna be loved
You pollute the room with a filthy tongue
Watch me choke it down so I can throw it up.

Don't mind us we're just spilling our guts
If this is love I don't wanna be hanging by the neck
Before an audience of death.

You could be the corpse and I could be the killer
If I could be the devil, you could be the sinner
You could be the drugs and I could be the dealer
Everything you say is like music to my ears

You could be the corpse and I could be the killer
If I could be the devil, you could be the sinner
You could be the drugs and I could be the dealer
Everything you say is like music to my, music to my ears

Don't mind us we're just spilling our guts
If this is love I don't wanna be loved
You pollute the room with a filthy tongue
Watch me choke it down so I can throw it up.