Yesterday's Lunch pt. 2

The three of us waited in line, which didn't take too long. A couple more people had walked in and waited behind us.

  Figuring out what we wanted, and ordering was a bit tricky for us. And by us I mean Sam. He kept stuttering, and couldn't choose between one from the other. Colby and I were stood there trying to silence our giggles. It was funny watching Sam's face go tomato red, and how he refused eye contact with the older lady at the counter.

After a while, Sam finally finished with his order which meant we were able to find a seat and wait. There was this one really nice little booth by the window, and the view looked great from there. It wasn't anything special, I think just the way the shade and the sun was hitting over there had drawn me to it.

I quickly walked over and sat myself down closet to the window on the shady side, while the boys slowly followed. "Literally, hurry up. Your legs have the IQ of a dead squirrel." I complained jokingly.

The two scoffed, and picked up the pace.

Colby sat next to me, and Sam was stuck left all alone across from his best friend and I. "Wow, the audacity you guys have to just leave me here in unbelievable." Whines Sam.

It didn't take long for the food to get brought to us. Maybe a bit less than 10 minutes or so. I'm no math book or anything so I'm just giving my best estimation. The boy who brought our food was rather young, or at least he looked that way. He seemed to be about 16 or so, maybe 17 but definitely not younger than 15. On his walk over, I noticed this weird stare he gave me. It looked like he was trying to.. flirt with me? If so, he wasn't very good.

  Sure enough when he got to our table, I realized I was right.

  "Here's your food you guys." He shared a smug look with me.

  I've always been sort of a prankster type person, and I've never actually flirted with strangers. Not for real at least. Every time it would happen I'd always mess with the guys. Unfortunately, it would always be guys. And this kid seemed much too young for me, so I decided to just play along for the fun of it.

  "Anyone need anything else?" He asks, making it sound as if his voice was deep.

  He was pretty bad at that part. I thought it sounded like he was having an asthma attack if anything. I held back my laugh, and played my character.

  I leaned forward and rested my jaw on my hand. "Yeah, maybe some ketchup and mustard would be good?" I gave a smirk to finish it all off.

  By his poorly forced reaction, I got the idea that this kid never actually got hit on or flirted with back. I could tell he definitely wanted to smile and jump around or something like that, but he forced a calm grin and a chin nod. At this point I started to feel kind of bad, but there really wasn't any turning back now was there.

  As he walked away I noticed the boys were in pure confusion and absolute shock.

  "I'm just messing with him, relax." I chuckled.

  "You swear? Because he looks like a tall 12 year old." Colby jokes. Well, half joked. The boy did look like a tall 12 year old.

  I gave a nod along with a silent laugh as he came walking back with our condiments.

  "Thank you," I hesitated and glanced at the name tag stuck to his chest. "Clark." I gave a wink and looked him up and down.

  In my brain I couldn't help but remember the vine Colby and Sam did a while back.

   "Take out the trash Clark!"

  "Take out the trash Clark."