'30.0 - WE WANT HER.

| CHAPTER THIRTY |

| CHAPTER THIRTY |

🎵 painkiller by ruel
***

BAKUGO LEFT KIRISHIMA'S ROOM AND DECIDED TO GO ON A JOG. god knew how much he needed it. he kept telling himself it didn't matter how he felt about you or vice versa but thoughts of you were consuming him, every second of the day, frustrating him to the core.

he whistled and called for hades. "hades, come on boy". the black half wolf greeted him with two loud barks before letting him put his leash on.

bakugo shoved his earphones in his ears and played his music on shuffle. then headed out and started the endurance training, but it was almost impossible to focus. your words from a few days ago kept replaying in his head.

"stop acting like this. like you care"

"so what if-"

"don't fucking finish that. just shut up already"

if he hadn't cut you off, would you have said you cared about him? just the thought of it made his stomach drop. he hated this emotion that was way to familiar to him. fear. he tried to focus on the music again but yet again failed miserably.

i got front row seats for the park side livin'
feel like the one but i'm one in a billion
teenage cynical and i don't really know
what's the point of living if my heart gets broken?

what would he have done if you said it? he'd promised myself not to date anyone. and not just to focus on his goal of becoming the number one hero, but also because he didn't know how to be the best at dating and he never did anything he wasn't the best at.

driving on the road
waiting for head-on collision
springtime funeral

all his life, he had been amazing at everything he'd put his mind to. but for some reason, regardless of how much research and thought he'd put into his past relationship, it had still ended up with him being heartbroken and alone.

i miss you but i'd rather be alone
to keep me from
heartbreaks, headaches

he furrowed his eyebrows and picked up the pace, turning the jog into a run as hades followed closely.

he hated being a fucking coward and this was all your fault with your weird sentimental shit, being all nice and kind.

the doctor says i'm diagnosed with
shit days, mistakes

and the last time the two of you had sex. he couldn't help but want it to be different. the whole time he was hoping it would last forever. there was definitely something wrong with his brain.

but I'll be fine
but I'll be fine

you were messing with his head so he needed to put an end to this little arrangement of yours. though he'd thought about doing it since after you'd almost said you cared.

but then every time his feet took him to your room involuntarily and his eyes landed on you, his brain went: fuck that. we want her. bad.

'cause you're my painkiller
when my brain gets bitter
you keep me close

he groaned in frustration and ran faster.

when i've been miserable
and it takes forever
to let my brain get better

this time it wasn't going to happen again. if he avoided you when you were alone, he couldn't give into the desire of running his hands all over your body, touching every inch of your skin.

you keep me close
you keep me close

so that's what he decided to do.

***

Where words fail, music speaks
-Hans Christian Andersen