XXX-3

The moment that man shot at him and his parents, and the images he wished to forget only came back stronger. He felt his body grow stiff, his muscles locked up and suddenly he couldn't move.

There was someone in the chair across the room, they sat in it with their knees up and facing the window as the same thing Leo was doing. Long, messy dark brown hair fell over their face perfectly, Julia..

Leo didn't seem so scared though, like he had already gotten used to her showing up every now and then. He couldn't make words to speak so he just bit his tongue and stared at the girl before him, facing away and towards the dark window. It was now oddly wide open and the curtains were blowing softly in the wind.

"This is all your fault, you do know that, right?" her soft, hoarse voice echoed through his ears.

Leo let out a small hum in trying to make out words but all that came out was a weak whimper.

"Everything that happened, everything that's soon to happen, it is all your fault." She slowly turned towards him, her hair blew from her face and both of her eye's were gone. They seemed to be just empty, bloody sockets.

Blood ran down her cheeks and nose. "I died in that shooting with your parents," she mumbled ever so quietly, "both of my eyes were shot out, forever blinding me."

Leo had stared, his eyes were wide. He was honestly terrified and already on the verge of tears. Julia had died in that shooting? Was that why she was attracted to following him around. What he didn't understand was why this was all his fault however.

Julia only pointed her crooked finger at him and sneered, "my death would have been prevented if you hadn't have ducked, if you would have just taken two shots to the chest, I would have lived......" she framed and slowly stood up, her long white dress flowed the ground.

"We were buying flowers for my dead parent's grave...and my life had to be taken that day as well," she spoke and slowly inched towards the open window. "And the thing is, once you're dead, that's it," she stepped one leg out of the window and now sat down, her legs hanging off the outside of the window.

"Pain awaits you, Leo, karma is always out to get you," she faced the sky, her glowing figure seemed more dimmer than usual, "but as for me, I have figured out how to die twice, and so I can join my family up in the heavens where I belong." She traced the edge of the window with her bloody finger then pushed off.

She fell out of the window as she screamed loudly. The sound of her body hitting the pavement was enough for Leo to shoot up, awake.

He hugged the blanket tightly then turned to the window where it sat, closed and the curtains pulled over, covering the dark abyss of the sky outside.

Leo definitely didn't get much sleep after that, instead, to clear his mind he left his room and went down to the living room. He brought a blanket with him and crawled onto the couch. He just wanted to flood his mind with what he called an escape. Those crime shows he found a few weeks ago....

He found the remote and turned the TV on where it lit up the room with its dim light. He went on Demand and started the series he found interest in so dearly.

Leo stayed up for another hour or two, before he soon fell asleep on the couch, the TV going off itself after a while. Before he did fall asleep, his mind kept going back to Julia
It really was his fault, he should have just died in that shooting, it was obviously his time, why didn't he just accept it.

He was just scared, he did what came to his mind at that very moment, and that was to just get on the floor and act like he was killed already, and that worked, but for Julia......not so much. As for his parents, they were just in the wrong aisle at the wrong time......