LXX-8

That morning Leo woke up to yelling again. It was more violent. He figured it was just about jobs being hard to keep, but that guess was thrown off the table once he heard his name being brought up.

The boy sat up tiredly. His back and neck hurt due to falling asleep against the hard dry wall.

Leo ignored it and got up, noticing all of the drawings. Susie was going to be so mad, he could already hear her frustration. He couldn't find the motivation to care anymore though.

He left the room and inched down the dimly lit hallway and down the spiral like stairs, reaching the dining room where William and Susie were arguing.

"We need to get rid of him, Susie, he's nothing but fucking trouble." William scolded her. Leo could tell by the look on Susie's face that she wanted the complete opposite, that she didn't want him gone.

Leo thought he was supposed to go talk to someone about what happened with Johnathan, but maybe Susie forgot to wake him for this reason.
"Honey I know he can be a bit different sometimes but he's just a kid, we can't just kick him out!" Susie sulked slightly as black mascara ran down her pale cheeks.
William only found this weakness irritating and growled out like some animal. "I didn't say you had a say in this! He's done nothing but hurt this family and you know it Susie Casswell!"
He slammed his hand onto the kitchen cabinet. "He's survived this long! He'll find a way to live, there's no future for him anyways."

Susie broke into full sobs. Leo didn't have time to process what William was saying before the rage built up inside of him.
If the man wanted him gone so bad, then so be it.

He'd kick himself out.

Leo ran back up the stairs and back into his room where he shut the door.
He had enough. He figured last night would rid him of his rage but it didn't. All these drawings for nothing.
All the sleepless nights for nothing.

All he did was try to keep himself from going insane but nothing worked, not the pills, not the drawings, not the forcing himself to have a decent sleep schedule.

All of his plans have gone to shit, the only option was to escape. Run, run as far as he could.

He grabbed his backpack and began to put a few things in it. He really could only pack clothes for now as food would be a stop and grab thing. He was sure some stores had low surveillance.

Leo could still hear their yells, honestly couldn't even give a fuck about what the hell Ronnie was doing. Probably recording it from his room.

He didn't care anymore, he didn't want to and so he didn't. Leo stopped giving a fuck a long time ago, but he had to get out of there.

He pulled the backpack on and went to his window. The cold morning seeped through the now open atmosphere of his room. There was where he pulled on his shoes and held the window open so he could crawl out carefully.

Even from the roof he usually sat on he could hear them. It disgusted him. He didn't want to live in a house where his own family talked such trash about him. In his side, Johnathan deserved every fractured bone he got, and not one less.

Leo could have died that night, it would have been murder. Yet Johnathan got away with it.

No, not this time. Not ever.

Leo shut the window after taking one last look at the room. Leaving the bed tattered, walls drawn on, looked like a madhouse in there. And he wasn't regretting leaving it like that.

Let them think he's truly a monster. Let them all know he could actually be one.