X-2

CHAPTER 2

After a short drive, the car pulled into the driveway of a two-story house. Leo watched this from the window as they pulled into the unfamiliar yard and garage. He already felt like he didn't belong. Susie got out and shut the door, William doing the same. Leo opened his own door and stepped out onto the cold concrete of the garage, shivers were sent up his spine.

"come this way, Leo," the soft voice of his aunt called out. Leo looked in her direction and followed her into the hallway of her house. It was way different from his own, though it did bring memories back from Thanksgiving a few years ago.

"Ronnie! Come down here," Susie called out to her son. The blond-haired boy made his way down the stairs with a grumble.

"what," he spoke out with an obvious attitude.

"This is Leo, remember him? Y'all used to play together and hang out when you were younger," She introduced him. Ronnie rolled his eyes and leaned against the door frame leading to the stairs, he just wanted to go back to his room and play on his phone. "At least pretend you're happy about this."
She huffed rolling her eyes, "Anywho, he will be living with us because of the horrible event that happened.....And you'll be able to play with him all the time," she tried to lighten the mood.

"mom, I'm 14 years old, and how old is he? 12? I'm too old for...playing, and he's not even fun anyways," Ronnie insulted and turned on his heel, stomping upstairs and the faint sound of his door slamming made Leo flinch.

Susie sighed in failure and patted Leo's shoulder, "im sorry honey, he's a teenager, and very stubborn," she told him.

"That boy is grateful for absolutely nothing" Leo's uncle hissed out in agony as he made his way into the kitchen, "what's for dinner, Susie," he asked in more of a demanding tone.

"chicken casserole," she smiled happily. Leo stood there in the living room doorway, he was examining the room, a TV catty cornered in the left corner, a couch settled perfectly across from it, a nice, crystal coffee table in between them, and a few bookshelves sat up against all four of the walls, full with figurines and glass pottery neatly decorated the shelves. It was like a vintage theme throughout the house.

"Hey Leo," Susie called out, now standing in the kitchen behind the island counter, seeming to already be cutting up raw chicken and throwing it into a plastic red bowl. "The guest bedroom is going to be your new room, it's right across from Ronnie's, the door to the left, and the bathroom is the last door at the end of the hall," she informed him with a smile.

"Okay mrs," Leo assured and stepped up the stairs slowly.

"heh, mrs" William mocked him quietly finding it funny Leo called her that. Susie glared and hushed him.

Leo ran his hand along the wall as he made his way up the stairs. Picture frames lined the wall all the way up, pictures of Ronnie when he was little, and younger photos of his aunt and their marriage photos, his uncle really looked different back then, he looked more clean, more normal looking, sure he had aged then but how could a change be so drastic without something causing it other than older age.