XXXIV-4

There was condensation on the window. He thought for a second, he was rather bored, having no friends to sit with and all, so he took out the paper he had and glanced at the symbol sketched onto it.

He then copied it in the condensation with his finger. This felt good for some reason....It kinda reminded him of when those criminals on those crime shows would mark their locations of where they had been, and that the crime scene was theirs in particular...

After a few stops, the bus finally reached his stop, well his and Ronnie's.

Leo made sure to hurry off before he was tripped again.

This time, Susie wasn't waiting outside like always, this was weird, maybe she wasn't home, for some reason she isn't home that much, leaving Leo and Ronnie alone most of the time.

Leo went in first and then Ronnie followed, shoving Leo a little as they both then stopped, seeing two people sitting on the couch.

Ronnie immediately recognized the man next to his mom, it was his dad. Did he get out of jail that early? Couldn't be, he had 30 years.

"H-hey boys, before you freak out-" Susie was cut off by Ronnie shouting out in rage.

"What is he doing here?! He belongs in jail!" the boy was furious; he dropped his stuff. Of course they both had grown since William was put behind bars, so Ronnie was a little more violent than back then when he could barely build up the courage to yell back.

Leo on the other hand, had a locked stare with the man. He looked so different...like he was beaten up. He must have gone through literal hell and back when he was locked away.

The stare that the man gave back had burned through Leo's brain. He was looking right into his soul, and that look in his eyes....it was not pleasant. It was no doubt a strong death stare.

"All this time, I-I was gone, I was working to bail him out. I used up all of my taxes and saved up. I know he's done bad in the past but he promised to be a better person..A better dad...and a better husband," Susie looked at the man who returned the gaze. She shot him a genuine smile as he put on a sly grin.

"He may not have a job just yet, but he told me he was working to get one that will raise our income to twice the amount we were getting! We will no longer have to worry about living in the gutters."

Leo had a hard stare on the woman, how could she do this? She just put the family in danger once again, and that's where all that money had gone....to bail a horrible man out of prison that deserved to rot there.

Ronnie only glared at his parents, a small sneer on his face. The sneer seemed to fade a little and morphed into an unimpressed look.
William stood onto his feet and opened his arms into a welcoming gesture. "I promise to be a better father to you, Ronnie," he muttered in a quiet tone.

Leo could tell this man was bullshitting. He was lying, and Leo could tell.
Ronnie only looked at the man in the eyes and stepped forward towards him. "I trust you, dad." He hugged the man tightly as William hugged the boy back.

Susie had a warm smile, her hands over her heart. Oh, how cute.

Leo watched from behind, clutching the bag around his shoulders. This day was just full of surprises wasn't it. What's next....