XVI-2

The day went by rather smoothly. Leo got to talk to his aunt a little, explaining how he just doesn't feel hungry anymore and how when he eats, he feels sick.

She supported him and gave him suggestions to help and how she was going to get him the proper medication for him when she gets her tax.

Ronnie pretty much stayed in his room all day and only came out to get some snacks or to do his business.

Susie was pretty cool, she gave him little ideas to prank Ronnie but of course, Leo was scared to spark Ronnie's bad side, but then again, there was another side of him that wanted to.

Around 6:00 PM the front door was aggressively unlocked and pushed over. The six foot tall man stomped inside and threw the car keys down on the table. "Well I got fired today!" he yelled.

Susie paused the movie her and Leo were watching and stood up in worry. "What happened?" she approached her husband and helped him take his coat off.

He denied her help and shoved her back a little, "I failed the drug test," he spat angrily as he slammed his hand onto the table roughly.

Susie frowned and went to embrace her husband again, to comfort him. "That's weird, you're clean right? Have you been doing drugs?" she asked, her frail body shaking a little.

William growled and shoved her into the counter behind her. "No, Bitch!" William growled as Ronnie ran down the stairs to face his mom's frightened face.

"Don't fucking touch her!" the boy yelled as he bowed up to his father who only slapped him right in the face.

Ronnie stumbled and hit the back of the couch Leo was sitting on.

Leo watched this and gasped. He got up in fear as he backed up a little.

"Don't use that tone of voice with me, boy!" The man growled and stared at Ronnie with hatred in his eyes.

Susie slightly reached for the phone to call the police, clearly knowing this wasn't the first time this happened.

Leo watched the family fall apart, tears pulling at his bottom eyelids. Ronnie kept the man's attention as Susie struggled to call the authorities with shaky hands.

Hearing the dialing number of the landline, William turned around and snatched the phone from the woman violently. He hung the line up and growled.

"Stop! You need help!" Ronnie yelled out as he shoved the man aside and grabbed the phone again.

William growled and pushed Ronnie down easily where he pulled the phone off the wall and smashed it onto the tile floor.

Leo snuck up the stairs to Susie's room, there was another phone there. He pulled it from its box and dialed 911 safely where he began to sob quietly. When the operator picked up he began to tell them what was going on. After around ten minutes police officers were lined down the road; the lights beamed through the windows.

William was escorted out in handcuffs as he gave the deadliest glare at the small boy who stood, hugging his aunt's arm. William knew he was the one behind this arrest.....