8 | Get It Up

ᴇᴍᴘʀᴇss

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡Previously!"𝚈𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚣𝚎

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Previously!
"𝚈𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚣𝚎." 𝙹𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚘 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚎𝚍.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

Now!

After a quick visit to the hospital, and the doctors and what not attending to Polnareff's and Y/n's wounds (which was rough considering she doesn't want anyone to touch her in any way), and after she had some random tailor make her a new shirt and repair her skirt, they hopped onto a bus and made their way towards Varanasi.
Usually, y/n would've sat next to Kakyoin or jotaro, but she sat alone, hugging her knees in the seat and staring into nothing. Her teammates, mostly Joseph and Jotaro, both found it odd. What had happened to make her so quiet and distant?
    Jotaro stared at her, what was her problem? All he could do was wonder. She was covered in blood, skittish, has a nasty bruise on her neck. He was more angry than concerned. Something must have happened to her while in Calcutta. The way she grimaced when Polnareff had mentioned what Hol Horse did. Selling her consent. And the look of anger in her eyes when she saw Hol Horse escape. He swore he was gonna kill him for hurting her.
He couldn't understand why he was feeling this way. He refused to believe he actually cared for her. His thoughts were ripped from him as Polnareff started to speak to the woman that helped Hol Horse escape.

"Listen up. I don't usually lecture. Stupid people are stupid because they don't understand something even when you keep repeating it." Polnareff told the woman. "You know guys like that, right? Idiots that just don't understand. But you know, uh... I never got your name...."
"Nena." She said.

"Nena. Nena! That's a great name! You're the daughter of a wealthy family in the sacred city of Varanasi that were passing through, right? You're good-looking, and I can see that you're a smart girl. I have an eye for people so I'm going to lecture you. Hol Horse is a horrible, lying bastard who sold out my friend! You don't want someone like that! You're being tricked! Your parents would cry. Listen up. You can't end up like this. It's easy to do that when you're in love.... but you can't look at things this way." Polnareff stood up, his hands shielding the sides of his eyes. "It's important to look broadly, and be rational."

"Hey," Kakyoin said, looking out the window. "It's coming into view. The city of Varanasi."
Y/n finally looked up. She looked tired.

"Man... it's getting worse," Joseph said, looking at the nasty bump on his forearm while Nena glared daggers into the back of his head.

When they got off the bus, Joseph started to look sick. "What's wrong, old man? You don't look well." Jotaro asked.
"Hmm. Looks like the bump that I thought was a bug bite got infected." He showed the rest of the group the... thing.
"It's definitely swollen. It would be best to have a doctor look at it before it gets worse. I don't see why you didn't bother to ask for medication when we got y/n and Polnareff attended too." Kakyoin said
"Well, it seemed like a normal bug bite at first! I didn't think it'd get infected!"

"It looks like a face." Y/n tried to feign her smile, trying to not make everyone else worry about her.
"I thought I was the only one who thought that!" Polnareff laughed.

"Stop kidding around, you two!" Joseph took his arm away.
They just laughed. "Sorry 'bout that," Polnareff said. "Want me to go to the hospital with you?"

"No! Stop treating me like an old man," Joseph said, walking away.
"But aren't you?" Y/n asked.
"I'm still in my prime, dammit!"

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Everyone split off as Joseph left for the hospital. Polnareff went with nena, jotaro and y/n went together, and kakyoin when to god knows where. Probably sulking about y/n.
Since it was as crowded as Calcutta, y/n haphazardly held onto jotaro's sleeve. He didn't mind, and she was glad that he didn't say anything. She was quite embarrassed.

"Hey, jotaro? Can we get something to drink and rest?" She asked, pointing to a cafe.
He nodded and lead her inside the building. He ordered whatever they wanted, some chai because it was all they knew. They took their seats right next to a window that peered out into the streets.
"Hey." He looked down at the girl. "What happened back there. What's your deal."
"What... do you mean." She asked, not wanting to explain herself.

"You know damn well what I mean." He grumbled. "Don't play stupid."
"Look... I really don't want to talk about it. It's embarrassing and shameful." Her cheeks flushed, looking away.
"Was it J. Geil?" His turquoise eyes glared.
She flinched at the name and nodded slightly.
"Did he do something to you?" His anger was steadily rising. "Y/n-" he was about to start again when the drink was brought to them. He nodded at the waiter and shooed him away.

"Oh!" Y/n tried to change the subject. "Our chai is here!"
"Y/n. next time I see Hol Horse... I'll kill him." Jotaro blurted out, taking his tea.
"Huh? Why would you?" Her eyes widened. "This is my fight."
"I don't like my teammates being humiliated by scumbags." He scorned. Then, he just watched her eyes engulf in flames and rage.
"Make sure to let me know yeah? I want to watch him suffer." She took her drink and started drinking aggressively. "God... it pisses me off." She growled, placing her tea down. "How the Fuck could that have happened?!" She asked, balling her fists up. "I feel like I could scream." She growled.

Jotaro hummed and let her continue ranting about how mad she was. He didn't understand what inside she was going through, but a part of him hoped that he was helping in some way.

★★★★★★★

That night, they didn't get to sleep in the hotel they originally planned to. Apparently, Joseph is now wanted by the police so they had to skedaddle. They stood there, watching the moon shine upon the Ganges river.
"And here I thought we'd finally be able to sleep in a bed." Kakyoin sighed.
"Maybe if the old man hadn't screwed up and gotten cops chasing him down." Jotaro spat, side-eyeing his grandpa.

"I took care of things. We can take this car." Joseph said, motioning to the car behind them. "Polnareff, you do the driving." He threw the keys to Polnareff but they got stuck in his hair. "Hey, are you still in shock? I was the one attacked by the stand."

"Why's it always me..." Polnareff whined.

Once everyone was seated in the car, they took off. Little did they know, they had a little company following them.

<———— TO BE CONTINUED

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡