18 | Call Me Pt. 2

•ʜɪɢʜ ᴘʀɪᴇsᴛᴇss•

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Previously!
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚢.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

Now!

      The destroyed vehicle rumbled around them. "Th-this isn't good!" Polnareff panicked as he tried to keep upright.
    "Don't lose your cool," Joseph said, putting on the oxygen tank like a backpack. "It's time like these when men need to be prepared. Damn... it's hard to get this stuff on without my artificial hand. Who here has scuba dived before?" He looked around.

  "Not me." Polnareff was first to speak.
  "Nope."
  "I haven't. The high priestess is still attacking from the next room!" Avdol said, his hand pressed to a steel door. "Quickly, teach us how to dive!"

   "Don't panic, Avdol." He turned his back to him. "Above all, never panic. That's the most important thing about scuba diving. When you're underwater, for every ten meters you go below the surface, the pressure increases by one atmosphere. At the surface, there's one atmosphere of pressure. We're forty meters below the surface right now, so we'll endure five atmospheres of pressure. If we try to surface immediately, our lungs and blood vessels will burst. We have to go up slowly, so our bodies can adjust. We're near the Egyptian coast, so we'll go along the seafloor. Now..." he trails off as he starts turning the wheel that did god knows what. "I'm going to let the water in."

   As he said that, water started to pour into the room from the pipe that had the wheel.

    Joseph held up the mouthpiece for everyone to see. "This is a regulator. There's a valve inside that only lets air from the right when you breathe in. When you exhale, your breath comes out the left side."
   Y/n brought it up to her mouth as did Kakyoin and they started to breathe through it. Seemed pretty easy. "What about your spit?" Polnareff asked. "What happens if you spit or phlegm comes out while you're underwater?"
   "That stuff comes out here." Joseph motioned to the thing. "By the way, this should be obvious but we can't talk underwater. We'll use hand signals instead. Let's keep things simple and use two. When everything is fine, we'll use this to say "okay." He did a hand sign. "When things aren't good, use this." He did another hand sign.

   "Mr. Joestar, given who we are, couldn't we use our stands to talk?" Avdol asked.
   "That's a good point," Joseph said, swallowing his worry. He couldn't talk through this stand!