22 | Like a Stone Pt. 1

『ᴀɴᴜʙɪs』

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Previously!
B͎̣̫͈̥̗͒͌̃͑̔̾ͅa̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍-d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅu̟͎̲͉̲ͮͫͭ̋ͭ͛ͣ̈m̘͈̺̪͓̺ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋-t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚!

𖦹𖦹𖦹

Now!

    "Any improvements on your injuries, Avdol?" Kakyoin asked.
"Yes. But I am relieved to know you will be all right, Kakyoin." Avdol smiled down at the boy.

"Well, I... luckily my cornea wasn't damaged, so they expect me to make a full recovery." He smiled.
"You better, Nori!" The girl sat at the foot of his bed. "When we go home after all this, how am I going to explain to your mother about you being blind!"

He just chuckled while shaking his head. "I think our mothers would have a fit about us going missing for two months instead of my eyesight."
"Oh... you're right... let's ignore that. Oh, do you remember that time in middle school when our classmate got struck by a baseball?" She leaned in, smiling.
"The one who was hit directly in the eye?" He chuckled. "Yes, I remember him."
"And remember how he was completely fine the next day? That's how you're going to be! His eye only lost a bit of fluid."

"Are you serious?!" Polnareff asked, shaking y/n.
"Yeah!"
"No..." Joseph shuddered at the thought.

"The bandages will come off in a few days." Kakyoin smiled. "I'll catch up with you later. It's less than 800 kilometers to Cairo... and DIO. Everyone, you must be vigilant."

✫✫✫✫✫

"Hmm, what language is this hospital bill in..." Polnareff asked. They were now all in the lobby, at the front desk. "Arabic? Man, it's so confusing!" He held the bill up to his face. "The 0 is supposed to be five... the decimal is zero, and seven is a six? And this wormy-looking one is..."
"A four." Avdol smiled, looking at the bill. "So, the amount we owe is..."

"HUH?! 43,350 Egyptian pounds?! That's insane!" Polnareff whined but stopped when some nurses outside were fawning over iggy.

"He's so cute!"
"What in the world? He's chewing gum. He must be waiting for someone."
"He's such a good little doggy!"

"And here I thought he was waiting outside." Avdol sighed.
"Good grief, y/n, go get your dog."
"Huh? Alright..."