13 | Camel by Camel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Previously!
"𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚙𝚝." 𝙹𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚐𝚘, 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚛... 𝚆𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

Now!

     They were surrounded by the scorching heat of the sun. It was unbearable. They were hiding under the shade of a rock, but it didn't do so much to cool them down, the air was hot and suffocating. Their water canteen was broken, and their binoculars were broken in half. 
   They were sweating and panting. "How could this have happened?" Joseph grumbled. "I can't believe... I can't believe we totally fell for it."

★★★★★★★★

"Now, once you sign this, you'll be under contract." A salesman said.
"Here, right?" Joseph asked, picking up a pen and signing the check that lay on the counter.

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

"Man... If a cute girl like you asked me to, I might even buy them a car." Polnareff smiled at the girl he was holding hands with.
"My, what a talker." The woman said seductively.
"How about we get dinner sometime?" He inched closer, before frowning when he felt something on his hair. It was Joseph pressing an envelope to his hair, messing it up.
"Polnareff, I'm terribly sorry to interrupt when you're so busy, but..."

Polnareff jumped up to his feet and faced the elder. "Mr. Joestar!"
"We're leaving," Joseph told him.

"Come on! Don't mess with the hair." Polnareff whined. "It's really hard to get this hairdo right."
"Who cares about your hairdo? We need you to drive."

"Righto!" Polnareff said, fixing his hair. "Bye, mademoiselle." He saluted the woman as he left and caught up with Joseph. "But, man, Mr. Joestar, why are we riding in such a fancy, expensive car in this sandy place? Why not get an off-road vehicle?"
Joseph just laughed as he stopped at the automatic door. "You'll find out soon enough."

✫✫✫✫✫

"But, man, I can't believe this country," Polnareff whined to the group as he drove down the street. "Every house we see is like a mansion."
"Indeed." Joseph sighed. "All these houses around here would cost 3 or 4 billion yen in Tokyo. Apparently," he looked out the window. "This is the norm for the people here. Just twenty years ago, this was all desert, but thanks to massive profits from the oil crisis, this place grew into a dream-like city."
"The sun is harsh, but with air conditioning, it's perfectly comfortable inside the car. No complaints here." Polnareff grinned.