31 | Goodbye Nostalgia

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Previously!

"𝙰𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏."

✺✺✺✺

Now!

DIO simply clapped for them. "Bravo, Polnareff. You managed to avenge your sister while traveling all the way from the Far East."
Polnareff chuckled dryly at the vampire. "To celebrate I shall gladly take your life." He grabbed a white curtain and spat blood onto it.

DIO's eyes watched Polnareff and they narrowed. Then he chuckled darkly. "I'll give you one chance. Descend two steps and live. I'll let you be my servants again. If you choose death, rise forth to me."

"At our first encounter, fear overcame me like a curse, I let myself submit to your evil," Polnareff growled. "It was the beginning of a futile existence. An existence more horrifying than death itself." Polnareff spat more blood into the curtain. "But that fear is gone. The only thing that consumes me now is a burning will to fight. In the 45 days since I first met Mr. Joestar and the others, I'll never be scared of you again."
Polnareff's speech was how y/n felt. She couldn't find anything to say, though, but that's exactly how she felt. She was so terrified when she first met DIO. But now, that fear turned into anger and hatred.

DIO liked lips at what he said. "Are you sure about that? Then climb these stairs."

"Gladly," Y/n growled. When she took a step, she found herself back a few steps. "Wh—"

"Interesting, Y/n." DIO laughed. "You've descended the stairs. So you want to serve me, after all."
"What? Y/n?" Polnareff turned around to see the girl behind him. As y/n stepped up again, she found herself at the bottom of the stairs again.
"What the—"
Polnareff looked at her in confusion and looked back at DIO, who was smirking down at them. Polnareff took one step and, the next thing he knows, he was right next to y/n. "What?! But I went up the stairs. I'm positive..."

"What's wrong? You appear shaken." DIO said. They could hear that smug tone in his voice like he found it amusing. "Could it be that you're scared? In your mind, you thought you stepped up, but perhaps your descent is a case of deer overriding consciousness..."
"I'm not scared, you jackass!" Y/n tried to run up the stairs but found herself again at the bottom with Polnareff.

"Ever wonder what the human soul desires most? It is human nature to want to overcome anxiety and fear, to live free from worry." DIO informed them before sitting in a throne-like chair. Where did that come from? "They control others, they acquire wealth. All for a sense of security. Marriage and friendship are merely a means of securing peace of mind. Humans say they wish to help others, did the sake of love and justice. But this is only to settle their own minds. The foremost desire of the human psyche is to achieve a sense of secure serenity. Why then would you possibly hesitate in serving me? If you do my bidding, all I speak of is yours. Are you not afraid to challenge me? You know your death will be certain."
Polnareff and y/n were panting. They weren't afraid, they were just distressed. They knew that they were being affected by DIO's chilling nature and his charismatic words. They wouldn't let up, though. They had to kill him.