Rain

They say to feel numb was only temporarily. At first I thought it was ridiculous.Unreal. A lie. How could someone feel numb when they have the world as a comfort .That was until now, when the rain poured down my window as I lay cold and silent on my floor. The cold flooring tensing my muscles which bruised my purple skin even more as I lay. My mind floods with emptiness and silence however my ears ring with sound. I continue to stare out of my window finding comfort in the soft pattering of the rain. I felt sleep slowly hazing over mind but I fight scared that if I closed my eyes that I would not open them again. Just as I was about to give in a heard a sluggish sound reaching up my staircase.

Adrenaline raced through my body screaming at me to move and go. My body quickly went from being chained down to the floor to jumping up awake and alert. That sound tore at my heart and flashed back to memories too dark to share. The low groan reached the outside of my door and tears threatened to spill from my eyes. "Y/N....let me in" passed through my door. The adrenaline kick started again and this time I listened. I grabbed the things dearest to me and a few pairs of clothes and shoved them into my backpack.

'Come on Y/N, you need to leave now'

My thoughts telling me to leave and never look back but the thought of having to get passed him scared me to the core.

'Think,Think,Think'

Glassing around the small room I had known to despise,I saw my way out. The window. Of course it was always gonna have to be the window if I didn't want to get caught . I could tell he was getting impatient from me not answering as his large fist hammered down onto the door in a continuous motion still slurring out "Y/N....let me in". The tone caught me back into reality and I moved. Fast and quick. The window jarred open and the cold rain hit my face with a slap but I had felt worse. I reached out and took the window seal harshly in my small calloused hand.

'Thank god I took the ground floor bedroom'.                  

I chuckled to myself but now was not the time for shits and giggles. At last I made it to the middle swamped ground and took a breath of relief but all was not over. Just as gathered my bearings from my eyes adjusting to the darkness, a shout was heard from my bedroom. "Y/N YOU LITTLE BITCH, GET BACK HERE". For a moment I thought about it,
too wrapped up in guilt that made me feel nauseous but the thought of the pain from the past pushed me forward.

The gate rusted over from age, jarred open and without I thought I ran. I ran for my future. I ran for myself. I ran for my life. The rain mixed together with my tears which were more from anger then sadness.The darkness suffocated me with a hug hello that was until bright headlights made there way down the abandoned road.

'Please...please don't notice me'

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hiya ! It's me! The author! Thank you so much for picking on this book! It means a lot to me💕Comment any requests you want for the plot of the story !!!