Chapter Twenty Seven - Blame Yourself

Peggy's POV

Going through a breakup? It sucks. Life sucks. Everything sucks. Eliza claims she got through it fine, but in reality, her whole week was a period of anorexia. She wouldn't eat and when we finally managed to force her to, she would sneak off to the bathroom and throw it up. I can hear her crying in her sleep. My thoughts turned dark.

I know it was my fault he cheated on me. I must have done something wrong, or maybe....maybe I wasn't good enough. I was probably a horrible girl friend and didn't know it so he cheated on me because I wasn't enough for him. Suddenly I feel sick. I stare down at my plate of food and force myself to eat half of it. I will not add another problem to my list.

Suddenly I notice something. Eliza has been quiet for the entire day in class, well me and her have been for the whole week, but she isn't at the table. Neither is Alex or Angelica. As much as I don't want to talk to him, I lean across the table and take a deep breath. This better be worth it. "John? Where's Alex, Angelica, and Eliza?"

John's POV

"Why are you asking me? Alex isn't right for me and only wants to see Angie, so they're together, and I have know idea where Lizzie is." I shrug, trying to keep calm. Peggy hasn't spoken to me since the breakup, besides a couple "Shut up"s and "Go away"s. She sighs down at her half eaten plate of food and leaves the table.

I follow her. I know, I cheated, I'm the bad guy. But I still care about Peggy. I don't even know why I cheated on her, I knew she would blame herself. But I still did it. Boy did I feel guilty. Alex barley feels guilty at all, so I have to be guilty enough for the both of us. Peggy starts looking into each empty classroom before stopping at one door. The classroom contains Alex holding his face. "Alex? What happened?" I ask, helping him up. 

"Oh my god John, stop trying to make me fall in love with you again, I said we're over!" He mumbles, annoyed. I don't know who hit him before but It's my turn now. "I was just helping you up you self absorbed hippo! You-" "Where's Angie?" Peggy interrupts, starting to fidget with her fingers. He shrugs. "She ran off after I tried to get her to date me."