Chapter Seven - Panic!

Warning - Claustrophobia and Anxiety, I guess? Sorry if you have anxiety, I tried to recreate that feeling the best I could, though it may come off as insecurity which I guess is a big part of anxiety so viewer discretion advised.

Peggy's POV 

I feel people all around me. Screaming people, laughing people, just people in general. Everyone's having fun. Except me. I must look so stupid to everyone. So...sad and pathetic. What if this party ruins my reputation? Or worse, ruins the Schuyler Sister's reputation as a whole? What happens then. People start crowding around me.

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god. There's so many people. Everything's getting kind of blurry. All I can think of is people. The smell of them, the sight of them, I can hear them screaming. It's making me sick. Too many people. Too many people. I gotta get out of here. Like, right now. It's time to leave.

I run through the crowd of people, managing not to trip even in heels, until I reach the door. I practically burst through it until the cold, night air hits me with a sense of relief. Ahh. I'm safe now. Safe and good. I take a breath. The people are still in my head. I shake my head and collapse, hugging my knees. I knew this was a mistake.

Hercules's POV 

"WOOO!" Everyone is screaming and having the time of their lives. Eliza, Maria, and Angelica all seem to be getting awfully close to Alex. And John's looking kind of longingly at him too. Talk about people magnet, oof. I feel bad for him. Lafayette is giving everyone not appreciated fashion advice, and Peggy? Where is Peggy?

"Angelica? Peggy's missing!" I call out. Angelica does a pouty face and takes another swig of her drink. "She'll be fiiineee!" God, she's drunk. I roll my eyes. "You're no help." Then I notice the door. Of course. Poor Peggy. Eliza comes up out of now where. "What's this about Peggy?"

The two of us leave the party and find Peggy, curled up against the wall outside. We may have just met a week ago but I've officially adopted her as my little sister, so this whole thing made me worry. Of course, Eliza knew what to do. "You can leave, Herc. The less people the better." 

And with that, I leave Eliza to comfort Peggy. Alex bumps into me. "I need to get out of here, everyone is getting way too close." He spots Eliza, then sits a few feet away from her, staring at her. Well then. He scots closer and asks if he can do anything to help. And he says that everyone else is getting too close. Oh well. Time to party.