Chapter Thirty - Heart Broken

Alex's POV

I was happier than ever before. Eliza forgave me! She took me back! Even after John had to go and ruin the moment by reminding me I tried to date Angie. Like, whatever John. I don't love you anymore, so you don't matter. Me and Lizzie walked back to our dorm after school hand in hand. John and Peggy where no where to be found.

Herc and Laf both looked surprised when Lizzie announced that we were dating again. As if God wanted drama, Angie entered the dorm at that very moment, out of breath and sweaty. "Alex I -" She began, but Eliza cut her off. "Angie! Me and Alex started dating again! Isn't that great?" Angelica looked like she had been hit by a boulder.

"Wh - what? But I -" Angie began, but cut her self off, sighing. She hugged Eliza. "I'm so happy you were able to forgive him!" She walked over to me and gave me a hug as well. I was not expecting that. "May you always, always be satisfied." She whispered in my ear. What the heck did that mean? Suddenly, I knew what I had to do...

Peggy's POV

"What is it?" I asked, staring at John. He'd asked be to meet him here after school. I didn't want to. But I'm afraid of saying no, that someone will get mad it me. Maybe he is mad at me...maybe I overreacted, Eliza forgave Alex and - "Peggy I need to give you this." John interrupts my thoughts, handing me a large piece of pink cardstock, with a poem in black ink written on it.

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. No matter what, I'll always love you. Don't try to deny it, you know it's true. You complete me and I complete you. If you'd hear me out, just one second chance, I ask you tonight, may I have this dance? I know it's a long - shot, I know you'll refuse. But without you in my life, I've got nothing left to lose.

I cover my mouth, feeling tears sting at the back of my eyes. My mouth twitches into a smile. Oh my gosh. This is so stupid, and cute, and cheesy and just so - so John. "You don't have to answer right away!" He says quickly. I look at him for a moment. He's perfect. Perfect - for me. I smile larger. "Yes." I say quietly, and kiss him.