Chapter Eleven: And they all hate Angelica?

Angelica's POV

I sit backstage, waiting for my name to be called. We're auditioning for our parts today, and sadly, Peggy also signed up for Elphaba. I feel so bad for her...I mean, I'm going to destroy her. But alas, I wait as Eliza sings "Popular" perfectly. At least she has a chance...

I'm called first. Peggy whispers a "Good Luck!" to me. She's fiddling with her hands again. She's never going to make it, she'll have a nervous break down! Poor Peggy. She'll embarrass herself in front of everyone! I walk on stage and begin to sing my song of choice: Defying Gravity. Some rando judge sang Glinda's part. Pffft. Eliza sang it better.

I don't stay for the rest of the auditions. All I know is Peggy was going to sing "No Good Deed." I just couldn't watch my baby sister be embarrassed like that. So I went back to the dorm, awaiting everyone else. This'll be fun.

Alex's POV

I walk into the dorm, more happy than ever. Boc is my favorite character. What? He has a very small part and it's a little tiring being in the spotlight. Angelica seems happy. Maria seems happy. John is a little too happy...and Peggy? Peggy's a nervous wreck.

I awkwardly pat her back as she mumbles quietly and pulls half her hair out. Angelica continues singing random parts from the play while Eliza tries and fails to calm her down. John keeps staring at me and Peggy. It's creepy...

Mr. Miranda announced he will put everyone's parts up tomorrow. I thought that was a little um...fast? But when I pointed that out he simply free - styled about how fast he was. Sadly, that's the least cringy thing he did all day. Oh well. Tomorrow we find out if Angelica's solo performance of wicked in the dorm was worth it.