Unexpected Blessings Part 76

"So we didn't get a chance to discuss when you picked Cara up the other night.  Drew and Elaine?" Madison questioned as she, Evaline, and Cara were out at lunch a few days after the group got back from their ski trip.  

"Are dating," Evaline confirmed.  Sighing Madison slumped in her seat frowning, "I need to find love," she stated.  Smiling Evaline grabbed her hand and squeezed, "You will," she assured her.  

"I need like an epic all consuming love like you and Rudy."

Laughing Evaline shook her head, "You know that puts a lot of pressure on us to be like perfect or something," she responded.  

Snorting Madison smiled, "Believe me I know you two aren't perfect, but it doesn't matter to either one of you.  When I say all consuming I mean that despite those non perfect parts you still love each other fiercely.  You have each others backs no matter what."

"I feel like our friendship prior has a lot to do with it.  It makes a difference when you basically fall in love with your best friend."

Gasping dramatically Madison clutched her hand to her heart, "I thought I was your best friend."  Laughing Evaline rolled her eyes, "Who said I wasn't in love with you?  He's my husband, but you're my wife," she teased as Madison laughed.  

"Yeah well you're probably going to want a divorce after I tell you I'm not going to be around the week Bella's coming out," she said.  

"What? Why?" Evaline exclaimed.  "It's my nieces birthday and my brother said she's really missing me so I thought I'd surprise her.  I think she got used to me being out there all summer," Madison told her.

"Well I can't fault you for that," Evaline replied sighing, "It just sucks.  You know JD isn't even going to be here for his birthday?  He's going down to Texas the day after that premiere thing next week to visit family for a few weeks.  The guys are already planning an outing for when he gets back."

"Are we invited to this outing?" Madison questioned.  "Probably not," Evaline laughed.  

"Well I'm not leaving till Sunday the 8th and since she's coming in Friday I can at least join you guys in going out for her birthday," she said.

"She'll love that.  Since you know the area can you be in charge of where we can take an underager?" Evaline asked.  Smiling Madison nodded, "Of course."

"Well at least you'll be able to celebrate her birthday with us before you leave.  I think the only other thing she wanted to do was go to the beach and then after that she'll probably be with Austin for the rest of the week," Evaline told her.  

"Speaking of the beach did you see the weather for next week.  Perfect beach weather," Madison said.  "I did.  With Rudy busy filming Virgo Cara and I will be there everyday if you'd care to join us," Evaline invited.  

"Tell me when and I'll be there."

"I'm glad you said that because I'm thinking about wearing my bikini and I might need you there holding my hand," Evaline told her. 

Taking her hand Madison smiled, "If you're ready for it then I'll be there holding your hand."

🎨eva97