Unexpected Blessings Part 49

Chewing on the inside of her cheek Evaline stared at the third and final box of her mother's.  Rudy had moved it out of the baby's room when he and the boys had switched the chairs out.  It was now currently sitting on the arm chair in their bedroom.  

Rudy had ran off to the gym earlier while Evaline was doing laundry.  She was waiting for the last load in the dryer and still had a few hours before she had to get ready for Bella's Halloween party.  The box had been sitting on the chair for close to two weeks and it was starting to taunt her.  

Sighing she stepped up to the chair and pulled the flaps open.  

"Holy shit.  That thief." Reaching in the box she pulled out her old baby blanket. 

She hadn't seen the thing since her mother had moved out of the house when she was ten

She hadn't seen the thing since her mother had moved out of the house when she was ten.  She'd assumed her father had taken it from her as he had always told her she was to old to still have it.  

Sighing she folded it and placed it in the basket to wash.  

Pulling out a few frames wrapped in newspaper she smiled at finding her graduation photo and the last family photo of herself and her parents.  Setting them on the dresser she went back to the box and found a mug that she remembered making in like third grade.

Setting it aside she reached into the box with both hands and pulled out her mother's jewelry box, "Well let's see what Auntie Stacie wanted so bad," she said to herself as she carried it out to the kitchen.  Placing it on the counter she climbed up onto one of the stools.

Opening the two little double doors Evaline wasn't surprised when there wasn't much inside.  She figured anything of real value her mother would've sold for money.  Taking her time she took the necklaces out one by one looking at them before placing them on the counter.  

Pausing at the locket she smiled when she saw her baby picture inside.  She could remember the Christmas her father had given this to her mother.  Once the necklaces were out she poked through the tray of earrings.  There was only one ring in the ring holder attached to one of the doors.

Pulling it out of it's slot she realized it was her mother's senior class ring from high school.