Chapter 33: Setting Things Up

"Alright class a new day means a new..something. I don't know the saying. Anyway! Today's the day we help out with the festival. Which means helping putting up lights, setting up the fireworks etc." The teacher said.

The students groan in boredom. "Shut up and accept it!" The teacher said. Luke taps on Adam's shoulder.

"Are you ready for the festival?" Luke asked.

"Born ready." Adam smiles. "Great, We're gonna pull this off no matter what." Luke said.

Adam nodded in agreement. "Since today is the day we're setting up everything we're not gonna be in class today, instead..We're gonna be going outside and helping build up everything! Yay." The teacher said.

The student groaned even more. "I said shut it! Now grab your things and head outside. Some other student will be waiting for us." The teacher said.

Adam gets up from his seat, grabs his bag, and walks with his class outside.

"Still sucks we have to work.." Adam said. "Tell me about it." Luke said, sighing.

"By the way, where's Brittany?" Adam asked.

"Oh she's by Connie." As Luke points over towards the two girls who are laughing and chatting.

"I miss her so much.." Adam said. "I know you do, that's why we're gonna get you two alone and talk this through." Luke said.

"Then this whole drama will be over." Adam said.

"Yep, Now come on, Let's get to helping." Luke said.

The students walk outside to where they see a few students moving planks and building up some little stores so people get food and drinks to watch the fireworks, same with lights.

"Alright everyone, put your bags over by the fence and get started, we're gonna be here awhile." The teacher said.

The student groaned once again. "Stop with the groaning!" The teacher said.

Adam and the others put their bags by the fence and grab some tools and gloves.

"God this is gonna suck.." Adam said. "If I have to do it, then you're doing it." Luke said.

"Uggggh..." Adam said. The two boys prepare for what they are about to go through.

"Come at us planks! We'll take you on!!" Luke said. "Yeah!" Adam said.

-A FEW HOURS LATER-

Adam and Luke finished all their work and fell to the ground, breathing heavily.

"Holy..shit.." Adam said. "Too..much..work.. Gonna die.." Luke said.

"Get up you two." The teacher said. "But teach..I don't think I can." Adam said.

"Oh you can, you're just lazy. Now get up." The teacher said.

The two boys try to get up and succeed.

"Oh..I thought my legs didn't work." Luke said.

"Class, gather around!" The teacher said. The rest of the students gather around the teacher and the boys.

"Take a look at what we did." The teacher gestures behind them.

Everyone turns around and is in awe at the sight they see. Multiple small booths in a row fill of drinks and food, lights hang up all round the school and the booths.

"This is awesome! But where are the fireworks?" Luke asked. "Oh those will come soon, We'll be setting those off by the hill so everyone can see them." The teacher said.