Chapter 26: Cleaning Up

“Ever since then, I haven’t been trustworthy of boys. Connie is such a sweet girl and I don’t ever want her to go through that again.” Janet said. 

“Wow..I’m so sorry. I’ve never thought that you three have been through a lot..” Adam said.

“It’s okay, but we’re not the ones who went through it..” Janet points to Connie.

“She has. I’ve always been there for my daughters and I’ll always love them..I don’t ever wanna see them get hurt.” Janet said.

“I know..” Adam said. “You're special to her Adam, that much I can see. I trust you, I just ask that..you protect her. No matter the cost. Promise me that.” Janet said.

She holds out her wait, awaiting Adam to shake her hand in agreement.

“I promise.” Adam shakes her hand. “Good.” Janet said. “You're an alright dude Adam.” Lonnie said.

“Thanks. Now I have two promises to keep, even though they're the same.” Adam chuckles.

“Do you love her Adam?” Janet said. Adam leans his head back on the bathroom door and sighs.

“I..I don’t know yet. But I do know that I wanna be with her forever. I guess..I just haven’t had this in a long time..and I just don’t wanna ruin it. Ya know?” Adam said.

“I get it. But sooner or later you’re gonna have to tell her exactly how you feel. But I get the high feeling that you already know how you feel, you just don’t wanna take that step. Because you lack confidence.” Janet said.

“When did you get so wise?!” Adam asked. “Comes with the age.” Lonnie said.

Janet laughs, “Come on you two, let’s get back to them.” Janet said, getting up.

Adam and Lonnie also get up and start walking down the stairs. She is right though..

Sooner or later I have to tell her..I just don’t wanna fuck it up somehow..I don’t know..

Adam opens the door and walks back out front. “Hey guys!” Julia said. “Ay what’s up girl?” Janet said.

“Hey Adam!” Connie said in sign, hugging him. He hugs her back. “Hey Connie.” Adam said in sign, smiling.

“Took your sweet time huh?” Luke said. “Oh shut it, Not my fault I had to puke.” Adam said.

“It..actually is. Because you ate too fast.” Luke said. “How dare you spit the truth at me.” Adam said.

They both laugh as Adam puts his plate to the side. “Is everyone done?” Adam asked. Most of them nod, Connie and Janet aren’t done yet. Adam grabs the others' plates and goes inside to wash them.

“Thanks son.” Julia said. “For what?” Adam asked. “For helping me out with cooking and everything else. I love you.” Julia said, hugging Adam.

“Heh..Of course mom.” Adam said. “Now come on, let’s clean up everything and move all the tables back inside. Wanna help Janet?” Julia asked.

“Oh sure! Come on Lonnie, and Connie, help Adam with the dishes.” Janet said in sign.

“Sure mom!” Connie said in sign. Janet gave a thumbs up to Adam.

I see what she’s trying to do here..What a wingwoman! Adam grabs half of the plate while Connie has the other half and walks inside.

While the others help with the tables to put back inside. “So, ever wash the dishes before?” Adam asked in sign.