Chapter 17: One Hell Of A Night

10:00 A.M

"Adam! Wake up! Breakfast is ready!" Adam's Mom called from downstairs. "Ugh...too sleepy..fine," Adam said. 

Adam got up from his bed and stretched his arms. Damn...I missed my bed. Oh, right shit! Today is Halloween! 

"Fuck yea!" Adam said. Adam grabbed a clean shirt and pants, put them on, and walked downstairs. 

"Morning, Mom!" Adam said. "Good morning, sweetie. Did you sleep well?" His Mom asked. "Yeah! Now I'm all fired up. It's Halloween!" Adam said. 

"Oh, right! That is today. Have you thought about what you're gonna be wearing?" Mom asked. SHIT! I FORGOT! 

"Yup! Now what's for breakfast?" Adam asked. Well, since it's Halloween, I figured I'd make you a pumpkin-face pancake!" His Mom said. 

"Um. Mom didn't just say you forgot it was Halloween?" Adam asked. "I did? I don't think I did," His Mom said. 

"You did. Like five seconds ago," Adam laughed. "Oh, I'm sorry, Adam, and I'm sorry to all the readers out there that I forgot about Halloween!" His Mom said. 

Adam stared at his Mother with confusion. "What...?" Adam asked. "Oh, nothing, sweetie. Just eat your breakfast, " his Mother said. 

It's weird but okay. Adam digs into his breakfast and is amazed that it tastes so good. "So, what are your plans for today?" his Mom asks. 

"Well, I'm going to meet up with everyone, go to the Halloween store, get our costumes, and wait until night, I guess," Adam said. 

"That sounds fun! I'll go out and buy some decorations for the house!" His Mom said. "Oh, awesome!" Adam said. 

Adam washed his plate and grabbed his hoodie. "I'm heading out now, Mom! I'll be back soon!" Adam said. 

"Alright! Don't stay out too late tonight!" His Mom said. Adam closed the door behind him and started walking towards the Halloween store. 

Adam's Mom stares at you. "Hope everyone enjoys this Halloween special!"

11:00 A.M

Adam finally sees the Halloween store insight. "Aha! There you are." Adam said. Adam starts running towards the store at full speed. 

Gotta get a costume, gotta get a costume. Adam makes it to the front door and falls to his knees. "Holy shit...I'm not..cut out for running.." Adam said. 

"Damn! You are running a marathon." Luke said. Adam turns around and sees Luke, Brittany, and Connie. "So you ready, man?" Luke asked. "Born ready," Adam said. 

Luke is a super chill dude. I met him while walking with Connie; he thought we were a couple! Heh..funny. Since then, he's been hanging out with us, and he's such a br- No, he's like a good friend to me. Much better. 

"Please tell me you guys have thought of a costume!" Brittany said. "This is why I'm here, at least." Adam laughed. 

I met Brittany back in middle school, and holy shit, she was such a bitch back then. She was a massive bully back in the day. But now she's changed, and I'm glad she did. Connie pokes Adam's back. 

"What's up, Connie?" Adam says in the sign. Could you help me find a good costume?" Connie asks in the sign. Of course!" Adam says in the sign, smiling. 

Then there's Connie...What a girl. She went to middle school back when we were kids, she um..she was deaf..it made her an easy target to bully..I wasn't quite happy about that, so I protected her. But she ended up moving away because of the bullying. A couple of weeks ago, I saw her getting handled by a couple of shitheads, so I went up and punched one of them. That's how me and her reunited and my god, I fucking love her. I told her how I felt back on the school trip, and asked her out. She said yes and we even kissed! Like holy shit! But that's everyone for you.