Chapter 40

**HAILEY'S POV**

It's been a week and the show is starting tomorrow. I was so excited. Today we were going to the arcade, in honor of the show.

We got to the arcade and there was a huge arcade, bowling, laser tag, and rock climbing.

"Oooh lets play laser tag!!" I squealed.

We all walked to the laser tag area and reserved our time. We got in and the worker dude explained how to play and how the gear works.

We put on vests and broke up into two teams. On the red team:

Nash; Me; Matt; Dillon; Sammy; and Jack Gilinsky.

On the blue team:

Taylor; Cam; Jack Johnson; Carter; Aaron; and Shawn.

This was going to be fun.

We got into the room and went to our different bases. The game started and I went on the second floor. I hid behind a pillar and bent down. I saw a person for the blue team and shot them.

They cursed and I knew it was Taylor. I tried to keep my laughter in because he was so confused. I let out a small giggle and he turned towards me.

"Hailey? Babe?" He asked squinting.

He walked to me and I ran away because I didn't want to get shot.

I then saw other people on the opposing team and shot them.

The game went on and so far we were winning. "Hailey?" I heard a whisper.

I couldn't recognize the voice. "Yeah?" I said back. I couldn't tell where the voice was coming from.

I then felt lips on mine. I realized that it was Taylor so I kissed back.

I heard a sniffle and broke apart. I looked at the person who kissed me and it wasn't Taylor. It was Sammy.

I looked to my right. And I saw a devastated Taylor. His mouth was hanging open. He looked like he was going to say something but he stopped himself.

"Taylor, it wasn't what it-" I started.

"Forget it we are done," his voice cracked and he walked away.

Tears brimmed in my eyes.

"Really?" I said and turned to a smirking Sammy.

I wanted to leave. The announcer said that we had to go to the exit. We put our vests up and got out. There was no sign of Taylor. I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Hey lets go bowl-" Nash started.

I walked away and got in a car. I drove back to the house. I really hope Taylor was here. I needed to explain to him. But he wasn't. I went outside to the beach and sat down on the sand.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

Then another.

Then another.

Then the next thing I know, I bursted out crying. I put my hands to my face and just cried for who knows how long.

I decided to call the one person who could make me feel better. I pressed on their contact and called them.

"Hello?" I heard the one comforting voice that I always needed to hear from.

"Hey," I softly said.

"Hail? Are you crying? What happened?"

"I need you. Please help," my voice cracked.

"I'm coming."

And the line went dead.