Chapter 44

**TAYLOR'S POV**

Today we were going to the beach but I had some business to do so I told everyone I would be back soon.

I got in the car and drove off. It was weird because there are cameras in the car. So they would see where I was going. I stopped at the San Diego County Jail.

I walked in a there was a little front desk area.

"Hi how may I help you today sir?" The sheriff asked.

"Um I'm here to visit somebody,"

"And they are under the name of?"

"Oh um Regina Holmes?" I asked.

"Okay follow me," he said and he led me down a hallway and then opened a door with his key. He led me to her jail cell and she was sitting on the bench.

I don't even know why I came here. It just felt like the right thing to do. As if I almost felt bad for her?

"Okay you have 5 minutes," he said and walked away.

"Taylor?" She raised her head up.

She looked really sad. It made her look innocent.

No what are you talking about Taylor? She almost killed you and your girlfriend.

"Yeah," I cleared my throat.

"Why are you here?" She snapped.

"Because, it feels like the right thing to do," I shrugged.

She immediately started crying. "I am so sorry. I feel so bad. I am such a terrible person and nobody likes me. You have to bail me out of here," she cried.

"No. I can't. You tried to kill me and Hailey," I furrowed my eyebrows.

I rested my hands on the cell and leaned against it.

"Oh yeah.. I am so sorry. I shouldn't have done that ugh I hate myself. Nobody likes or cares about me. My parents dropped me off at an alley and never came back," she cried.

"Really?" I asked.

"No you idiot!" She yelled. Without any hesitation, she grabbed my shirt and pulled me against the bars. She held onto my neck just like she did to Hailey.

Her fingers were digging into my neck. I screamed for help.

She pulled out a knife and I screamed even louder. Really? You would expect this place to have top security..

She cut me on my arms and on my stomach. I started crying from the pain shooting through my body.

I got out of her grip and fell on the floor. I backed away as she was rattling the bars, trying to escape. Damn this bitch is crazy.

I struggled for air and was breathing heavily. My arms were bleeding and I lifted up my shirt to see a deep cut and some bruises.

I cursed under my breath a got up. I practically sprinted out of there and sped away. I went back home and ran upstairs. I switched my pants for swimming trunks and ran out to the beach where everybody was.

Hailey came over a hugged me. I winced when she came in contact with my arms and stomach.

"C'mon lets get in the water," she smiled.

I took off my shirt, forgetting about the cut but I shrugged it off.

She gasped. "Oh my god Taylor. Your stomach. And your arms! What happened?" She covered her mouth.