bus

I was standing at the bus stop umbrella in hand when I saw a boy approach me, just letting the rain wash over him. He was short and had purple hair. He stood next to me and stared forwards with an expression that I couldn't place "um....hi" I greeted nervously....he didn't even acknowledge me "why don't you have an umbrella....you could catch a cold" "It doesn't matter at this point" He answered vaguely. After a few minutes of standing in the rain I pulled him a bit to the left so he was under my umbrella he looked up at me then continued to stare forwards.

When the bus arrived we walked in together and I took my umbrella down. The bus wasn't exactly crowded but it wasn't empty either. I decided to sit next to the boy and once again he didn't notice that I was there. After a couple more moments of silence I asked "so um where are you going" He paused for a second before answering "Ayama bridge" Ayama bridge was a tourist attraction and people often went there to commit suicide. That's why the government briefly considered shutting down the bridge before deciding that they didn't give a damn.

"Do....do you want to....." He slowly nodded his head as his eyes filled his tears "there's people who care about you please reconsider-" "No....no one cares about me....my parents don't even care if I come back home...." I slowly took his hands in my own and held them gently. He looked at me with a confused, and a little shocked, expression "things will get better I promise....please trust me don't throw your life away" He started sobbing and he hugged me at tight as he could "....do you want to go home?" I asked gently "Mhm" "Okay...." He separated from me and took a moment to dry his tears "s-stop the bus! We want to get off" I called out as we got up. The bus skid to a stop and everyone on the bus let out an annoyed groan as we slowly got up. "S-sorry....excuse me....we're so sorry" I apologized as we walked off of the bus. On the way out I tipped the bus driver for stopping for us...

The boy sighed as he got off of the bus "I don't want to waste your time more than I already have but....could you walk home with me?" He asked. "Uh sure how far away is it" "Not too far" He said with a shrug before grabbing my hand gently and leading me down the sidewalk