ghost boy

I was walking to my apartment when I suddenly saw someone standing in the middle of the road. He was tall and he had a hat on. "Hey emo hat" I called out to the boy but he didn't acknowledge me "you might want to get out of the road.....cars drive on it" I said before I let out a small groan and got closer to the boy only to realize that he was crying "erm....e...emo hat? Are you okay?" I was about to reach out and touch him only to realize that he seemed.....a little transparent?

The next thing I knew a I was faced with the headlights of a car speeding towards me. Everything moved so fast and the only thing my body would do was cover my head with my hands and cry out to nothing. But the car didn't hit me it swerved to the right and crashed into a tree.....a branch crashed through the windshield and pierced the drivers chest which killed the driver instantly. "Eh? ehaaaaaaa!" I exclamed as I rushed over to the car but I wish I hadn't. The amount of blood combined with the smells of blood and oil overwhelmed me and I was on the brink of throwing up.

I backed away from the car with wide eyes before I turned back to where the boy was standing but he had vanished...."what the...." I mumbled as I walked back to where he was standing and I saw his hat on the ground. I picked it up and saw a tag on it 'property of shuichi saihara. If lost return to this adress' it read. He must've ran away after the car almost hit us....i probably should've done the same but....

________________________________________

I approached the house with the address and knocked on the door, hat in hand, it had actually been a few days since that incident and I had wore the hat a few times....it looked....okay on me. A girl with lavender hair opened the door. I immediately noticed her strange gloves...i wonder what she's hiding. She had a cold, serious glare on her face and it startled me a bit. I expected the boy not her "what do you want" She asked "Is shuichi here? I found his hat in the road" I said as I held his hat up. The girls expression sofened as the hat was held up. "Shuichi....i haven't heard that name in awhile....shuichi was my son and he died in a car accident several years ago" She explained. What? Then wouldn't the hat have blood on it? I looked down and my hands to see that they were pink. The hat had dried blood all over it too.

"Hey" The girl said suddenly which snapped me out of my hallucination "uh sorry I was just thinking that....you should have the hat since shuichi is gone" The girl thought for a second before shakeing her head "he likes you so he wants you to keep it" She said before shutting the door....he....likes me? I stared at the door for a second before walking away from the house, hat in hand. I guess it's mine now....I'll take good care of it.....for shuichi's sake