monster

I stared at the ceiling blankly. I have no idea how long I've been awake for.....the clocks died days ago.

Dispite never knowing what time it is I think it's breakfast time....which means I have to feed him. I'm not really hungry but he's probably hungry. I sighed as I got off of my bed. It feels so empty in this house....but I guess that can't be helped....

I walked down the hallway and paused at a photo of a black cat. Mom always loved cats.......i shook my head as tears started to build up. i can't get side tracked now I need to make him breakfast before it's too late....

I walked into my kitchen and searched the cabinets. Nothing....nothing....nothing....oh! I have uh....skittles....i really need to go to the store.....but I don't have any money....i sighed. I always hated going to the store....but I don't think monsters eat skittles....I'll just give him the skittles to buy time and go get something from the store.

I picked up the bag of skittles and approached the basement door. The way to feed him is to hold your hand out and pray that he doesn't bite it off. If I throw it down the stairs he just throws it back so this is the only way. I nervously filled my palm with the sugary candy and held out my hand. Silence for a moment before a dirty cold hand grabbed onto mine and took the sweets from me. I shut the door immediately after.

I took in a breath before heading to the store.

I stepped into the store and pulled my hood up.  The feeling of cold tile on my bare feet made me shiver. Then I saw a little girl walking past me with her dad at her side. She smiled upon looking at me "Daddy! Daddy! Look it's a dirty homeless boy!" I pulled my hood down over my eyes in embarrassment and walked up to one of the cashiers. "H...hey..." "Oh hey! You're Rema's kid aren't you? Nobody has seen you in awhile so we were getting worried...what can I do for you" ....im seriously going to have to beg for food aren't I.... "I um....i just need some food....b-but um i dont have any money and...." I sniffled as I began to fake cry. Nobody can resist a crying child. The cashier got concerned "its okay its okay....Wheres your mom and dad?" "They uh...went out on a business trip" I lied.

The cashier let out a small sigh before she walked out from behind the counter "listen, I'm not supposed to do this but I'm going to give you some food and I'll pay for you alright?" I nodded.

I walked back into my house and then into the kitchen to put the food away. I spent so much time with that lady that its almost dinner time. I heard loud knocking at the basement door. He must be hungry....

I made a sandwich and opened the door slowly. Immediately the monster grabbed into my wrist and started pulling on it harshly "wh- l-let me go!" I tried to fight against the monster but he was too strong and pulled me down the stairs.

I opened my eyes slowly and waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I could finally see I saw him.

The monster in my basement

I saw a boy with tear streaks staining his face. He was covered from head to toe in bruises. His clothes were torn and his hair was messy. I definitely wasn't feeding him enough

"Why are you doing this to me" The monster asked "......?" "Please...." He begged softly "let....me....go" ......i can't let him go. Its too late now. If I let him go tell the cops! I don't want to go to jail I'm only a kid!....

Monster

Monster monster monster monster

I'm the monster not him....

It's my fault

I never should've been so stupid

I'm such a terrible person