lost and found

It was around three PM and shuichi noticed that kokichi didn't make his dramatic entrance out of his room yet so he decided to check on him. "Kokichi? Are you awake?" No response. "K-kokichi please....if this is a joke it isn't very funny"....once again no response. "I....im coming in now okay" Shuichi took in a deep breath and gently opened the door....

He didn't know what to expect considering the fact that he had never been in kokichi's room before but he definitely wasn't ready for what he saw.

He saw a whiteboard close to his bed, an upside down rantaro hanging from the ceiling and a letter placed on his bed. He got closer to the whiteboard and saw a picture of him circled in red string. Two things seemed to be partially erased 'Does he hate me' and 'get a grip kokichi' written overtop of those was 'why why why why why why why why why why why' and 'why is he so nice to me' it disturbed shuichi deeply.

Then he looked at the note

"Sorry for the sudden exit shuichi my love. If you couldn't tell that was sarcasm....or was it? You'll never know....but anyway I've decided that I want to play a game of hide and seek you'll seek and I'll hide. Good luck!

-kokichi"

"I....i need to find him" Shuichi mumbled before running out of the apartment so fast that he almost forgot to lock the door. The freezing temperature of the winter day made shuichi shiver "k-kokichi! Ko where are you!" He yelled to get no response. Shuichi looked around. 'He could be ANYWHERE by now....' Shuichi mumbled under his breath....he decided to call kaito first to see if he knew anything

_____________two weeks later____________

Shuichi approached the cliff ,which was his last place he would look before giving up, and saw the familiar purple haired boy, sitting on his knees, stareing at the sky. Kokichi was getting worried that shuichi might never find him. it was all a test to see if shuichi cared about him....and it looked like shuichi was going to fail....of course the shorter boy would never admit this "k-ko? Kokichi! I finally found you i-i was so worried" The grape haired boy looked at the tall male standing behind him and smiled "oh hey shu-shu" he greeted happily "you found me....yay"

Shuichi shook his head "i-i told you to stop calling me that- um w-why did you run away i-i was so worried" The grape haired boy ignored the question, quickly standing up and turning to face the other "I suppose our little game of hide and seek is over now...isnt it" Kokichi started to walk back home when his hand was suddenly grabbed by the taller boy "w-wait....please" The grape haired boy yanked his hand away and put his hands behind his head "oh? Why"

The taller boy blushed slightly before mumbleing "c-can we stay here for a moment...this is a really beautiful spot you chose to hide at" Kokichi considered his words before smirking "wow shu-shu if you wanted to go on a date with me you could've just asked" Shuichi's face turned red and he shook his head "n-no i-i didn't mean it like that I just....wanted to spend a little time with you i-its been weeks ko" Kokichi would never tell shuichi this but he really missed shu the days that he was missing.

"Sure I guess we can stay for a bit" Kokichi said before walking to the edge of the cliff and dangling his legs over the edge. Shuichi wasnt as careless as kokichi so he stood beside him and placed his hands on kokichi's shoulders "um what are you doing shu-shu" Kokichi asked with a slight blush before looking away with fake annoyance "I'm sorry but I just don't want you to fall, I just found you im not going to lose you already"

"Shu-shu...are you...crying? It's not that serious you don't have to....h-here if you don't want me to fall hold me like this" Kokichi changed shuichi's position so he was hugging the grape haired boy from behind "there you go...much safer" A few moments of comfortable silence went by before shuichi broke the silence, picking up kokichi bridal style and starting to walk home "we should probably go home now I....its getting late and...." he paused as he saw that the male he was holding had fallen asleep. He quickly kissed the other on the forehead before continuing back home like nothing happened...Little did he know kokichi was in fact awake.