Chapter 18

Ever rushes Stiles to the sports changing rooms, the boy wheezing along and sweat dripping down his forehead. She props him up against one of the lockers as he helplessly tried to keep himself upright and not fall straight to the ground.

"Okay, don't worry its all going to be okay." Ever said trying to soothe the gasping boy. "Just try and think about something else, anything else." she pats his head taking her phone out with her other hand and start to fumble with it, searching "what to do when someone is having a panic attack".

"Like what?" Stiles chokes, his watery brown eyes looking up at Ever in agony. She knew she could stop his pain right now, but to be honest, she didn't want to use her powers on him, it felt like cheating and she had too much respect for the boy. She cupped his warm face with her cool hand, a hot tear landing in her palm. She quickly let go of the wheezing boys face, images flashing in her mind about all of the people she killed mutilated. All the innocent children's body laying in a towering pile as parents were left childless.

"Uh, happy things. Good things. Like uh, friends, family." Ever said, reading off the florescent light of her screen trying to fight back her own tears. "Damn... not family um..." She mutters, slapping herself to knock out her stupidity

"Oh, God." 

"No its okay, uh, just... it says here to try and slow your breathing." 

"I can't. I can't." Stiles says grasping his chest, his hands shaking like an earthquake.

Evers's eyes flutter up meeting Stiles' and she immediately looks back down, she takes both of stiles' hands in her grasps and she looks back at him, inching ever so close to him. "Shh, shh. Stiles, look at me. Shh, look at me. Shh, Stiles." She says, cupping his head into hers and planting a small sweet kiss onto his lips.

***

Ms Morell's breath came in small spurts, hot and nervous as she ran through the shielded darkness. Her tanned fingers curled into sweaty fists, swinging forwards and backwards to quicken her pace. Behind her, she could hear the baying howls of the werewolves gaining speed, coming closer and closer. Sweat rippled down her forehead dripping to her toes as she came to a halt, flinging ashes into the air and creating a magical shield. The wolves all halted, coming into the clearing slowly, retracting their fangs and showing their human face. Pan, however, stayed in the darkness, observing from the highest point and cocking his head to one side in amusement. 'baby witch' he thought a smirk appearing on his face.

"How did you know, Marin, that we'd come for you?" Deucalion asked as he was the last werewolf to walk into the clearing

Ms Morell raised her head and looked at each of the teenaged werewolves individually in disgust. "Because Jennifer and I are the same. And I know you've always been suspicious of us, of what we can do."

"What do you know about Jennifer?"

Ms Morell looks at Scott her eyes changing from disgust to understanding. "Go home, Scott. This isn't your true self" She says as Scott looks up at her, their eyes locking.

"Scott can decide what's good for him." 

"Not without all the information. Have you told him everything you've done? How you've piled up bodies in a narcissistically psychotic effort to form your perfect pack? Bodies that include Ennis, by the way. My brother saved him. He was alive when Deucalion went in to see him. He wants you to go after Derek, Kali, to force his decision. If Derek joins the pack, it paves the way for Scott."

Pan looks down at the pack chuckling to himself. With a flick of his wrist, Ms Morell tripped and fell out of her protective circle. Just as the wolves were ready to pounce Pan walked into the clearing, his powerful aura towering over the wolves as he approached the teacher. He squatted down to her level, Ms Morell physically not able to look down as Pan's piercing eyes locked with her.

"Now darling, why don't you just tell us where the boys family is, I am quite impatient." He asks as ripples of fear echoed throughout Ms Morell's body, sending a fight or flight mode to her brain.

"The Nemeton... you find that you'll find Jennifer. Find the Nemeton." Ms Morell says before fainting to the floor. 

Pan stood up, all the wolves' eyes were on him. A mixture of gratefulness and confusion, more confusion for Scott who furrowed his eyebrows. Pan walked over to Deucalion, wet leaves and sticks making a sick crunching noise in the eerily silence.

"I'll leave you to deal with her body, I, unfortunately, have a prior engagement with a family friend." He says looking and taking an old pocket watch out of his jeans pocket. He flicked it open reading the time, "That I am now late to." He flipped the watch closing it shut once more with such a force that Scott wondered how it didn't break. "Scott, I trust to look after my sister. She seems quite invested in your cause." He declared and walked off into the distance, leaving Scott to pick up Ms Morell's sleeping body.