Chapter 8

Oxie lead Ever to a room, leaving Bonnie behind. It was gloomy and basically a picture perfect copy of every American witch movie magic-like room. It had an old crusty chandelier that dimly lit the room and old dusty bookcases littered with spiderwebs. In the middle of the room was a dest with various bits and bobs on top of it as well as papers, magic books, a skull...You know, you're everyday stuff.

"So, the thing my ancestor promised you...is it in an unopenable box?"Oxie asked bluntly as I turned my gaze from the horrid bookcases and the cobwebs.

Ever tilted her head to the side. "Do you ever clean this place?" She asked as Oxie leaned against her desk.

"To be honest."She started as she walked around the room. "I find the dust and cobwebs quite cool...all that's dark, mysterious, horror...I quite like, like you." She ended as I stopped trailing my finger on the dusty books. "You have a dark aura, call me intrigued." She ended with a smirk.

Ever turned to face her with an innocent smile on her face, "I don't' know what you're talking about, but I'd like to have the thing I was promised." She said as she held out her hand and pursed her lips. Oxie narrowed her eyes at the young girl but Ever just stared back, her bored complexion etched on her face. Finally, Oxie gave up and turned on her heel in search of the unopenable box. She returned with a small parcel like box, big enough to fit in the palm of Ever's dainty hand.

"Thank you."Ever said happily, "If I can help you with anything feel free to ask."She continued and she skipped out, her head in the clouds.

As she made her way outside, a soft breeze caress her pink cheeks as she looked around for her new friend. She walked around the graveyard, spotting a witch looking a gravestone, she makes her way to her.

"Hi, do you know where my friend Bonnie Bennet went?"Ever said smiling at the tear-eyed witch that just pointed to the left side of the cemetery which Ever skipped off happily, picking up purple flowers that grew in the corners of gravestones. With a bundle of pretty flowers in hand and a skip in her step, she found Bonnie trying different spells with the other witches.

"Bonbonette."She sang as she entered the awkwardly placed greenhouse. Bonnie looked up at the girl who was quite literally glowing with happiness. "Lunch?" She asked, "I saw a nice diner if you wanna check it out?"

Bonnie smiled at the lively girl that made her heart feel somewhat hole, like an old friend that she knew since birth. "Sure! Let's go," she said collecting her bag and following the blonde.

They arrived at the diner as promised and both decided on the traditional burgers and milkshakes which both tasted delicious and eye opening. Ever ate every single thing that was put in front of her due to 1 she was still feeling slightly dead and 2 because everything in the 21st century is amazing and needs to be eaten before it flies by.

"Ever, slow down or you're going to choke." Bonnie said laughing at the blonde that has crammed as much food as she possibly could into her mouth.

"Hrruh ruuuh uh." Ever said as Bonnie yet again burst out laughing. Ever slowly chewed all the food in her mouth before saying " I said, I am not."

Bonnie smirked, "Okay, you do you boo." She said and Ever took a sip of the milkshake which was accompanied by a series of moans and banging on the table, drawing the attention of the other tourists.

Bonnie by then was hysterical but something caught her eye that made she stop her ridiculous laughing.

She was very curious about the little box that Ever placed in her lap, and guarded it with her life.

"What's in the box?" She asked quizzically, as the blonde looked up from her fries, the corners of her mouth dipped in ketchup.

Ever smiled like she was seeing Valhalla for the first time. "A very close friend." She said and resumed her burger. Leaving Bonnie with more questions than she had.

Sorry for the late update, I thought I published it but it bugged.