Chapter 2

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱ω𝔬 ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰

The two lock eyes. Damon's deep blue eyes looking up with curiosity and Ever's periwinkle eyes looking down upon him with anxiety. Damon turns to Bonnie who was backing away slowly from the blonde girl who was still sitting upon the balustrade.

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear," Damon says and speeds next to Ever hauling her up using the back of her dress and shoving her down the stairs and onto the living room floor. Ever pulled her knees up to her chest, making her as small as possible and looked up at the vampire and the witch.

"Who are you?"She whispers, fear lacing every word she says tears threatening to fall from her big blue eyes. Bonnie looks back at Damon, pity in her eyes after looking at the young girl who was obviously afraid.

"Great, the little girl is scared of me." He says raising his eyebrows and walking over to the table to pour himself a drink. He turns around abruptly, a wide grin plastered on his face. "But I ask the questions here, so who are you?"

Ever looks up at the vampire, whimpering as a tear escapes her eye. Damon huffs, he could tell that she was neither a vampire or witch and she didn't smell of dog, so werewolf was off the table. It now occurred to him that she could be a human. She smelled like one and acted like one. Although her blood did smell a tad sweeter than normal, but he couldn't really tell. He ran his hand through his tousled hair, his rings cooling his scalp. Suddenly he speeds over to the girl raising her off the ground and into the air.

"I said who are you!" He shouts taking Bonnie by surprise as well as the girl, who crossed her arms in an x shape around her chest and started to cry profusely.

"DAMON!" Bonnie shrikes, grabbing the attention of Caroline who just entered the Salvator mansion.

"Please don't hurt me." Ever cries out through her sobs. Caroline drops all of her magazines and clothes and speeds over to Damon, throwing him to the other side of the room. Ever quickly runs out of the room and into the kitchen where she hides in a cupboard praying for her brother to find her. She clutches her necklace and starts to mutter under her breath, "Permisso Laca Tha Tar." She repeats it several times before stopping when she heard footsteps enter the kitchen.

"Hey," a sweet voice says. "I'm sorry about Damon, he can be a bit dramatic. I'm Caroline, I just want to help you." She says, looking down at the cupboard door which was ajar. She sits down on the floor next to the door, knowing that the young girl was hiding inside. "What's your name?" She asks hesitantly.

Ever leans her head on the other side of the cupboard, happy that Caroline didn't open the cupboard door that seemed to be her only protection. Contrary to what Damon Caroline and Bonnie thought that Ever was nearly scared of Damon, the actual fact was Ever was scared of herself. If she got angry, no one in the whole town would survive, and she didn't want that, especially what happened to Oklahoma and Texas.

"Everfell." Ever mutters so quietly the blonde vampire could barely make out what she said. "My name is Everfell." She repeats in a louder voice.

"Why I love that name. It's really unique." Caroline says with a smile. Cautiously, she creeps open the door, looking at Ever and her tear-stained cheeks. As her motherly side takes over she hugs the scared looking girl in a tight embrace. Quickly she lets go. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." She says sheepishly when Ever suddenly gives Caroline a hug.

"You're nice." Ever says and she lets go of Caroline who looks quite surprised. Quickly she snaps out of her daydream and stands up.

"Are you hungry, do you want something to eat?" Caroline asks as Ever nods her head and stands up too, Caroline towering her in height.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*✩*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Damon looks over at Bonnie and opens his phone. Caroline was taking care of the girl who was absolutely shit faced scared of him, he rubs the back of his neck as Bonnie rolls her eyes and left to go find Caroline and the blonde girl.

Damon reclaims his glass of bourbon and walks over to the couch and takes a seat, dust flying from each direction as collapses onto the couch. He takes out his phone from his back pocket and decides to cause a stir with the Mikaelsons.

"Where the bloody hell is my coffin!" The angry voice of Klaus Mikaelson shouts over the phone. Damon chuckles demonically at his distressed voice.

"Well, you'll get it back soon enough. Just when we find out who she is, what she is and where she stands with you."Damon replies taking a sip of his bourbon which tasted sweeter then ever now he riled up his enemy

"If I don't get her back by tomorrow, I will personally cut out your tongue, saw off your arm and beat you to death with it, "Klaus says and hangs up the phone immediately. Klaus runs a hand through his hair and sighs as Elijah barges into the living room, an angry demeanour taking over his usual calm and collectiveness.

"Niklaus, did you feel it? Our sister is calling us." Elijah says pacing back and forth. Rebekah runs into the room with Kol and Finn close behind. "She called Kol through his witch heritage."

"Do we know where she is?" Klaus asks jumping up from his desk, "Damon Salvator has her but I'm not sure where she is."

"She's at the Salvator mansion." Kol pipes up. "So obvious we wouldn't even suspect it." He snarls and pictures of what he would do to the Salvator brothers begin appearing in his mind.

"Elijah you go, bring our sister back, for I'm sure you are the one who can calm her down if she were to get angry." Klaus decides, walking out of the living room as shouts of protest echo from his siblings.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*✩*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Ever looks up at Caroline, a sweet grin plastered on her face as her mouth is full of chocolate that Caroline gave her. She is perched on top of the counter in the kitchen, a plate full of sweets and chocolates at her feet and a glass of strawberry milk in hand. Caroline smiles at the young girl, her maternal instincts in full blow.

"I've never tasted chocolate so sweet before in my life." Ever smiles and takes a drink of her strawberry milk. "In the 1800s all of our chocolate was terribly bitter."

"Well, I'm glad you like them." She says sipping on some blood.

"My brother Piper would always pick cherries for me when we were young." Ever starts, her eyes almost becoming heart-shaped as memories of her and her brother begin to resurface.

"Piper?"

"Yes he's my twin, his real name is Pan but I always call him Piper. He plays the flute magnificently, I can't wait to go find him." Ever finishes, licking her fingers trying to scrape the melted chocolate off them. "Yummy!"

Caroline looks at the girl and cups her hands, bringing them down to the sink and washing them together. Ever looks up at Caroline and smiles, their shy connection is one that Ever will remember for years to come.

"You know what Ever," Caroline begins. "I've got some clothes that you can borrow if you'd like?" She asks and Ever nods her head in delight. "I've got this blue dress that would look amazing on you, I think it'd even match your eyes."

Caroline leads Ever to a spare bedroom and hands her a pale blue dress and leaves her to get changed. Ever walks around the room, her eyes flutter down to a big S crest that was on a book. Curiosity getting the better of her, she opens the book, her eyes falling down onto a picture of Damon another man and a familiar face. Her breath hitched as Tatia was seen between the two men. She takes the photo and puts it under her dress before coming out.

"Sister!"

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*✩*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Written: Jan 27, 2018
Edited: Jan 6, 2020