Chapter 12

"I wanted to talk about it,
Damn it!
I wanted to scream
I wanted to yell
I wanted to shout
But all I could do is whisper."

Pan trudged towards the school bus, two duffle bags in hand. Coach stubbornly told them yesterday that they were part of the lacrosse team as the new attacker and replacement attacker. Honestly, the two weren't too keen on the news and they politely declined but then Coach promised them that he would make sure that they failed enough classes to get held back so they gritted their teeth and opened their hearts to the team... At least that's what they said.

Stiles looked back on Pan with narrow eyes. He hasn't yet forgiven him for being so cold in their time of need. To tell the truth he was more disappointed in Ever even though he was still madly in love with her. To him, she was the light in his dark times and he belived...no knew that she would help them with everything and that she would solve all his problems. It was his gut that told him that. And everyone knew, that when Stiles's gut tells him something, he was probably right.

Ever rushed to sit next to Pan on the bus, her hand filled with white flowers as she started to braid them into a flower crown, "Brother, when do you think our family will get our message? I should hate to travel back to that horrible town."

Pan smiled and put an arm around his sister, "Soon, dear sister, I'm sure of it. We shall never travel back if you do not see it fit."

Ever smiled joyfully at her twin, she could never remember a time when she was this happy post anglicism/diobolicalism.

"Don't you find them like really weird," Isaac observed making Stiles and Scott lift up their heads at the two. "Like it's kinda like their more in love with each other then family-like."

"DUDE!"Stiles exclaimed scrunching up his face, "That's seriously gross."

Isacc continues, "I know but still, there are things you just don't do."

"Well, let's stop discussing that because the last thing I wanna do is to get on their bad side, I'm already walking the line because of old Scotty here," Stiles announced before they get on the bus.

Issac rolled his eyes and jumped on the bus, slumping next to Boyd as he was playing on his phone. Scott and Stiles, however, decided to sit near the back two rows behind the twins.

***

"Yo, Scotty." Stiles snapped his fingers at the half-conscious Scott "Hey, yo, Scotty? Still with me?" Stiles asked. They've been driving for a good hour and everyone was bored out of their minds. A deep rumble came from the heavens and woke Scott out of his trance.

He rubbed his eyes, "Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?" He said sleepily.

Stiles looked back on his Ipad quickly before replying, "Anachronism." He announced.

"Something that exists out of its normal time."

"Nice. Okay, next word... incongruous." Stiles continued

"Um, can you use it in a sentence?" Scott asked, he was biting through the pain. No one knew that he hadn't healed.

"Yes. Yes, I can." Stiles smiled and began his rant. "It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened... incongruous."

Scott racked his brain for the meaning but it felt like someone was blocking all knowledge to pass through his lips.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." An angel's voice annouced. Ever sat in the seat infront of them, turning her front to the back of the seat as she smiled. A white flower crown sat on her while locks perfectly and she looked like a siren and she was pulling in her new bait. "Can I play?" She asked her sickly sweet tone making stiles fumble over his words and blush a bright red.

"Um, yeah, of course, sure, perfect. Okay, next word. Um, Darach. Darach, it's a noun." Ever giggled at Scott's expression of tiredness. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" Scott glared at Stiles, wishing that he could perhaps shut up for one moment in his life. "Okay fine. Next word... Intransigent."