🎱 His Future 🎱

Ship: Drew x Luke with one-sided Lander
Requested by: Strxwberry_Sugxr
Jealous Zander AU
Type: angst/fluff

Nobody's POV

"Happy birthday dear Luke," the music club, apart from Luke, sung, "happy birthday to you~" After they had sung, Luke blew out the candles on his cake, receiving cheers and claps from the rest of the club. Today was his birthday.

The teal haired girl brought a pile of gifts from the corner of the room. She set them on the large table. Luke began to unwrap them as the music club watched in anticipation.

He received brand new set of drumsticks from Hailey, a wonderful crimson scarf from Zander, some money from Milly, a few shirts from Jake and a magic 8 ball from Sean. He loved all of his presents, but Sean's gift stuck out the most, the magic 8 ball.

Once Milly, Sean, Jake and Hailey had all left, Luke and Zander went upstairs to try out the magic 8 ball. It was fun the first few times they tried it. They asked lots of stupid questions. Eventually, the topic turned to something else.

"Am I in love with someone?" Luke asked.

"L-Luke it's probably fake you shouldn't-" the purple eyed boy was interrupted by Luke violently shaking the ball. 'Yes'.

Luke smirked at Zander, indicating him to ask it another question. "Has Luke met the person he is in love with?" Both boys sat, shaking with anticipation as the auburn haired teenager shook the ball again. 'Yes'.

Zander's heart gave a flutter. He had been in love with his golden eyed best friend for a while now, 12 years to be exact. He had never been so excited in his life, I mean the magic 8 ball ought to be telling the truth, other wise Luke would have said by now.

The boys started naming of people that they knew, trying to figure out who Luke's crush was.

Jake? 'No.'
Hailey? 'No.'
Milly? 'No.'
Sean? 'No.'

"Do you actually like someone?" Zander asked, nearly giving up on the fact Luke actually had a crush. "Yeah, I do." He replied, looking up and smiling at the lavender eyed boy. His heart once again fluttered as they continued to list of people they knew.

Daisy? 'No.'
Liam? 'No.'
Henry? 'No.'

Eventually, Zander had enough with it constantly saying 'no' and asked it the most terrifying question of his life.

"Me?" Zander said, blushing. Luke looked over at him chuckling. The auburn haired boy made sure to take longer shaking the ball, to add more suspense.

...

'The stars say no.'

"O-oh.. it's probably fake anyway.." the ombré haired boy said, heartbroken. "You alright Zander?" Luke asked him. "Y-yeah.." "Okay, let's continue!" The auburn haired boy said, as energetic as ever.

Sadie? 'No.'
Drew? 'Extremely likely.'
Stacy? 'No.'
Wait...

"You like Drew?!" Zander asked, suddenly bursting into tears. "I.." Luke said, unable to find an excuse. The truth was, he did like Drew.

"Zander.." "All these years," Zander started, "all these years I loved you, I wanted to be with you, I wanted to kiss you... you like him?" Zander softened into a whisper. He suddenly began to get angry. "You never noticed, didn't you?! How much you meant to me-" "Zander," Luke interrupted, "you do mean a lot to me!"

"Do you?! You care about me and have feelings for the person that bullied me and Hailey all these years? You care about me?" Zander snatched the magic 8 ball out of Luke's hands.

"Does Luke care about me?!" Zander said, practically screaming. 'Please ask again.'

The purple eyed boy slammed the ball onto the ground and grabbed Luke by the shoulders. "Do you actually care about me?!" He asked, half crying half shouting. He was desperate, he needed an answer.

"Yes, I care about you.."

...

"It really doesn't seem like it."

15 years later

"Hi baby!" Luke said, coming into the living room. "Hey babe!" His husband replied, Luke sat down next to him, cuddling up to him.

"How was work?" Luke's husband asked him, Luke sighed. "Hard," He replied, "but I have you now, so it's alright!" The auburn haired boy kissed his husbands cheek.

"I love you Luke." He said, playing with his hair.

"I love you too

...

Drew"

715 words!
Ty for the request!