🎤 Anything To Make Him Leave 🎤

Ships: None (slight Jailey)
Requested by: Moondragonice
Type: slight fluff/slight angst
Part 1

Nobody's POV:

"Ugh." Zander sighed, reaching into his trouser pocket and pulling out his phone.

11:38

He tutted, thinking that it was at least 10 minutes later in the day. He gently put it back into his back pocket when suddenly, he got a notification.

Jake: Hey guys practise at 1 right?

Opening the message, Zander sighed at his unknowingness of the correct time, but left it so he could at least half an hour without having to deal with the peach-haired boy. Hopefully no one else in the club would see the message.

Luke: It's at half twelve if I'm not mistaken =)

Darn. Zander loved Luke, but sometimes his helpfulness wouldn't always end the best for the periwinkle-eyed boy.

Come to think of it, there was never a moment where Zander was glad Jake was in the room. Never. The purple-eyed boy always preferred how it used to be, even when he was teasing them for doing what they loved most.

That's when Zander had the thought,

What if Jake left the club? What if Zander gave everyone a good enough reason to kick him to the curb? What if.. huh?

He smiled at walked away to his next class.

Time skip to next day

"A-and then," Henry exclaimed between deafening laughs, "he-!"

"We know, Henry," Drew sighed, interrupting the green-haired teen's joke, "Liam didn't look where he was running and fell into the janitor's bucket. You told us this last week!" Henry stopped laughing and leaned back on his chair.

"Eh. It's still funny though." He snorted. Liam turned red with embarrassment.

"Not for the guy who tripped head first into a bucket of dirty water!" He red-haired boy squealed.

While in the dining hall, the boys, Jake included, sat, eating (well, not really, taking more-so) at their lunch table. During this time, Drew managed to catch Jake's eye. After the boys had made eye contact, Jake chuckled, pretending to be paying attention to the conversation. Drew, of course, wasn't buying it.

"What's up with you today? You're barely paying attention." The magenta-haired boy asked. Jake turned pale, not wanting to talk to Drew or the others about the music club.

"I- uh...." He stuttered, suddenly glancing at Liam's phone, realising the time.

"Crap! Uh, guys! I gotta go! Cya tomorrow!" He exclaimed, leaving his tray behind.

"Hey! What about your tray?" Liam questioned, still sitting with Drew and Henry at the lunch table. Jake left without a response.

"Looks like he didn't touch his apple. Maybe-"

"Are you kidding me, Henry? Only if Jake didn't join those music freaks, I would actually have someone reliable to talk to at lunch." Drew remarked.

"Aw, come on, you know you can't stand time away from us!"

-

Jake sprinted down the hall, pushing anyone out of hid way, breathily apologising as they shouted at him from behind. Seeing the club door in vision caused him to speed up. Within seconds, the brown-eyed boy made it to the door, tiredly turning the handle as he attempted to catch his breath, earning confused glances from others around him, which Jake didn't care to notice.

Inside stood Hailey, pacing up and down the room with her face turned away from the door. Jake cleared his throat.

"Hey princess," He began, "where is everyone?" Hailey swiftly turned her head around, her eyes meeting with Jake's.

"Jake..." She sighed, slowly walking towards him, glancing at her watch. The boy started to get nervous.

"It's 12:20." She smiled awkwardly. "You're... early. For once." The blue-haired girl added, giggling. Jake was slightly confused but smirked, coming to the conclusion that he just read the time wrong.

"I told ya it'll happen one day. Eh, princess?" He said cockily, which earned a playful slap on the arm from the smaller girl.

"Hailey!" A voice suddenly shouted as a pale hand clamped on the club room door. Hailey and Jake suddenly recognised the voice.

"Zander?" The turquoise-haired girl said as her step-brother slowly ambled into the music room. "What is it with everyone and arriving early today? Practice starts in, like, eight minutes."

"There's something... I need to tell you." He mumbled, glaring daggers at Jake.

Sure, Zander's glared at him with annoyance before, but this time felt different. Something about the look in his eye scared the brown-eyed singer, and no matter how much he tried in the moment, he couldn't make that sinking feeling go away.

🖤🖤🖤

Apologies that this is only one part! I'll try to bring out another part in the next month or so!

Also, I will now try to release more oneshots, but please be patient with me! '^^