🪦 Her Grave 🪦

Requested by: GraceWonder11
Ship: Luke x Hailey (one-sided lander)
Type: angst
AU where Zander and Luke weren't dating
TW: Mentions of Death

Luke's POV

She's dead. She gone. Hailey's dead. My girlfriend is deceased...

I sobbed in my pillow as Zander rubbed my back, also tearing up. "I know you loved her, I'm sorry.." "Why are you acting like you never met her?! She's your sister!" I accused, slightly overacting. Hailey had gotten into a car crash 3 days ago. Her and her were in the car, her dad had gotten severely injured, but was still alive. Hailey on the other hand, she...

She died.

I burst into tears again just thinking about her. Zander hugged me tighter. "Why.. WHY!" I knew her for so long, it should have taken me. I swore I would protect her, I failed her.

At her gravestone

I took Zander's hand and practically sprinted to the gravestone. When we got there, I went on my knees and pressed my forehead on her grave and started sobbing again. I placed a bouquet of flowers on the grave. Sapphire roses.. her favourite..

I once again started to cry. I couldn't keep it in. I heard sobbing behind me and I turned around to see Zander with his head in his hands. I got up and went over to him and hugged him. We stood there hugging and crying.

"W-why her?" I said, in between sobs. "I-I know.. You love her..." "Zander..." tears started falling down his face.

"I loved you.. the whole time. I'm sorry it had to be this way..."

Just like that, he disappeared, off into the grey fog. I stood there alone, trying to figure out what just happened. 'He saw us?' I asked myself. 'When he saw us kissing and cuddling, he was... jealous?' I couldn't take all of this. My girlfriend is dead and my best friend is in love with me.. What am I going to do now? What is left for me?

What am I doing with my life?

336 words!
Sorry for that angst there ;W;
Ty for requesting!