Chapter 30

'You're not going to survive, Douma! You're gonna die.'

'For so many times that I even lose counts now, Y/n, I can't run away from 'that'. I originally live only for this purpose.'

'Fight him so you can be free! Or are you willing to die for his sake? As his pawn?! Douma! Answer me!'

'No need to raise your voice. You already know my answer, so stop bothering me with your dumb question. You're such a headache.'

'YOU are the one who such a headache! Nobody wants to die if they got the second chance of life.'

'That's exactly what I mean and I don't like to repeat myself.'

'Just be honest and tell me that you're too lazy to even try.'

'... I literally die if I try.'

'You know what? I feel so stupid for worrying you that much, you won't even listen.'

'Yes, you actually are. That's why you don't understand the simplest thing about my words.'

'I could say the same to you.'

'Stop wasting your breath and start walking, woman.'

'I hate you.'

'Don't tempt me, Y/n, I'm not planning to sew that pretty mouth of yours but if you insist, I'd love to do that.'

Under the moonlight with no stars above, hurt by Douma's words, Y/n walk passed him on the path that led to her house. Douma followed behind, the demon keep a moderate distance between them, he knows that he shouldn't be that bitchy towards her but she is extremely annoying at this moment.

It's not like he never try to figure out how to get away from his lord, there are several times that he actually yearns for having a peaceful life with her by his side but soon realizes that the beautiful life he craves to have is nothing but a dream.

He can't abandon Muzan's order nor he can't stand a chance against the first demon in history.

For now, evacuated her to The Wisteria House like what he promised from the start is the wise choice for both of them.

On the other hand, Y/n understand from the beginning that the relationship she wished to cherish would not last forever, she thinks she was ready for this but it turns out that she can't handle it.

Douma is relieved that Y/n stays quiet so he doesn't need to sew her mouth. He stared at her figure from the back and after the long silence that they shared, he could notice her body slightly shaking and he finally heard her muffled sobbing. It's become unbearable when it hit him that she's been crying along the way.

He closed his eyes, he feels the wind, and replays what he just rudely said to her before finally reminiscence his short term of ideal life which he longed to have.

"Stop." He ordered and Y/n do as he says like an obedient puppy. He walks to her and rests his forehead on her shoulder, sighing.

"I'm sorry, I should never say that. It's not like I have another choice than to send you away from all the mass that about to happen." He sounds so exhausted, he remains silent before he talks again. "If it's with Kokushibou dono, I could say that I still have a chance to win. But against Muzan sama... I died even before I realize it."

"You are going to die, Douma..." Her voice was hoarse. When Douma said that Muzan currently working on spotting Oyakata sama, she try so hard to foreseen the future and she vaguely saw so many death. The one that throws her into frantic is when she can't trace anything about Douma, it reminds her of what happens to Sabito. She now understands that she could never capable to change the future of someone she really holds dear.