Chapter 9

Douma patiently wait for the priestess to say a word. To say anything even if its not related to his offering. Throw him some diversion will be better than having her shield her mouth.

Douma tilt his head, take a closer look to the girl whom he declared as his 'friend'.

"Y/n..." He affectionately called her, "What took you so long? Could it be that... you already tell some lies to me?"

Y/n blinks a couple of time but his little intimidating words wasn't strong enough to unlocked her mouth. Douma moves closer to her face and smile. "I'm sure you already know about me but you are obviously too shy to coincide it. So, I think it would be better if I told you by myself."

He moves closer to whispering something to her ears, a little bit too close. "I am a demon, an Upper Moon demon."

Y/n's heart beating so fast and she's afraid he might hear it. She know he is a demon and that's why she start to avoid him, following her friend's advice. But hearing the truth coming from his mouth, she still not ready yet. She preferred to continue seeing each other and ignoring the truth of their identity.

Douma suddenly laughing out loud from her reaction.

"Araa~~ Araa~~ Did I scare you, Y/n?" He said, "You should see your face, you look silly... and cute. Oh, what am I doing?" He keep laughing.

"Why are you telling me this?" She groaned in disappoint.

"Because you've been avoiding me and you act too carefully around me. I don't want that Y/n, I want the usual Y/n who loves to talk some random things." He fanned himself with his weapon fan. "I'm being very honest to you. I will stick to my words but I'm not going to reveal about my lord. You know, for safety reason. I'm not planning to lose my head, either its because of your side or my side. How's that sound?"

"Why you're going this far?" She retorted, suddenly became too defensive, making Douma working extremely hard to mimicking human's dumb emotion.

"I like befriend with you. That's all. Have I told you that my lord, Muzan sama ordering us the Upper Moon Demons to hunt you down and if possible kill you where you stand? He heard the news about your power and decide to labeled you as his obstacle. Well, I know Muzan sama talking about you but I ain't say anything. I'm hiding your whereabouts and your identity. See? That's what you're meant to me."

"Isn't it because my vision you started to see me frequently? Are you going to use me to bring down The De--"

"Hold it there, your assumption is baseless" He cut her words and hit her head lightly with his fan. " Though I admit that using your vision is such a terrific plan but nah, I pass."

Y/n glares at him for the first time and he find it so funny, "You are so defensive today. I'm not mad you're accused me for scheming a nasty plan. I'm just being honest. Why is it so hard to believe in me?"

'It is so hard, I cant even tell he really mean it . Not when he keep smiling sheepishly' she thinks. She's about to say something but her attention diverted to the path where she comes from. "Just go."

"Hm?"

"Just go, a hashira about to pass the road in no time." She warned him, wishing that he just going to leave this place and their conversation will end soon. But the demon was in his stubborn mood, he refuse to go.

"Nope. I want you to believe in me and since you have a trust issue with me, I'm going to stay here until I'm completely convince you."

"Damn it. The hashira will find you!"

"Oh no, Y/n said the bad words." He giggled, Douma ready his fans to engage in combat with the hashira.

"I believe in you, ok? Just go now." She said in rush, baffled by how she desperately want him to be safe, the demon satisfied with her answer but still not move a muscle, knowing she forced herself to say that in order to make he leave this place. "Oh my god..."

'It's Giyuu...' She thinks. 'He pinpoint our location.'

Y/n quickly run, leaving Douma in amuse by how she trying to protect him. Douma smile widely, seems like his plan to having her all by himself is succeed. All he have to do now is keeping her out from the radar so his comrades along with his lord doesn't know about her.

Douma turn his back and leave the garden but suddenly use his Demon Art; Rime - Water Lily Bodhisattva to shield him from a wide range attack from behind, just before he wants to send another Demon Art to counter the attack, he remember Y/n's frantic face when he stubbornly refuse to go. He quickly retreat from that place with no trace.

Y/n watch in horror as she witnessed Giyuu unleash his Water Breath. Once she finally reach him, he suddenly pull her behind him and using his wide range attack.

'Harsh..' She thinks as Giyuu destroyed whats in front of him.

"Are you ok, Y/n?" Giyuu asked her. "The demon blocked my attack and gone."

She weirdly feels so relieved hearing what he stated. Douma still alive and probably on his way back to his temple by now. Before Giyuu decide to inspect the area or interrogate her, she quickly lie to him. Again. "I don't know what I'm running away from, I just feel something approaching when I sit near the pond."

Giyuu watch her intently, she's afraid if he didn't believe her. "Stop wandering alone this late. I'm not always there for you..." Giyuu said.

"What?" She think she misheard what Giyuu just said, but the man refuse to repeat himself, instead, he offer his haori for her to take and she walk behind him, clinging to his haori.

Giyuu never talk again, while Y/n start to feel bad. She's tired of lying to him, but if she give up on Douma, she will lose her happiness. Though the demon start to act manipulative, she still need him to runaway from the reality.