Chapter 20

Just like what Douma always did when he messed up with Y/n, Douma is nowhere to be seen. Y/n's sudden confession is giving him a headache but the demon kindly enough to send his crystal clone to the beloved friend, just like what she wished for.

Douma doesn't need to go check on them, his clone really like a high tech surveillance camera. He can see and hear her conversation clearly. Something that she doesn't even know yet.

Everytime she compared or complained about the brute side of him, he started to be extremely annoying to Akaza, a demon who now occasionally visit his temple to use the owner as his punching bag, but instead getting verbally harassed by him.

For what Douma saw from the eyes of his clone. Y/n visibly happier with the little weaponize demon. She never smiles or laughs like that, she keeps on using her childish tone as she talks with a 5 years old human being. Something that he admits that it is so adorable.

His accumulated jealousy towards his mini self starts to toying his mind and he tends to dismiss his Blood Demon Art in the most brutal way like sending him to Akaza's place just to get him mauled by the grumpy demon.

Another cold night during the rainy season, right after a hot shower and say good night to the elder inside The Wisteria House, Y/n quickly run to her room. Smile widely as she believes her little Mini Douma probably there waiting for her.

She slides open the door and sneer as Douma's clone sitting on her futon and wiggles his legs. "Aw...Did I keep you waiting?" She asked. She notices that the clone starts to endure the wisteria flower's effect.

"Mini Douma, I'm amazed by how quickly you adjust yourself with the purify power of Wisteria." She said, "Or maybe your soul has been purified." She giggled and the clone nods his head.

"So cute!" She hugs the clone like she's suffocating a plushie with her overpower hug.

"Looks like you're having fun."

"Of course! You are way better than you-know-who." She claimed, "Huh? You can talk now?"

"Pay close attention, Y/n. Can't you tell where the voice coming from?"

Y/n reluctantly turn her head and her eyes eventually meet the colored and actual version of Mini Douma. She cant tell is he happy or angry, but one thing for sure, with his body half wet and the water drip from his hair, damp his face skin, Douma looks exquisitely handsome. His cold demeanor gives an A+ to add his complicated character.

Speechless, even if Y/n wasn't expecting him tonight, she was drawn by his beauty. But that's not enough for her to release Mini Douma's body, she still holds dearly of him. A gesture dislike by Douma so much.

"Now I'm literally here. You don't need my Blood Demon Art anymore." He announced, moving closer to the couple. With Y/n unconsciously backing away from him, Douma can't help but decide to crush his crystal clone to shreds immediately. He originally wants to dismiss his clone by sending him to Akaza again but he's getting impatient.

"You! What have you down, you demon! You murder him!" She squealed, though she said she liked him, his mini version is nicer than him. The mute Blood Demon Art never threatened or hurt her, he is such a helper and listens to her very well.

"Party over, Y/n." He was bored arguing with her. He finally sits in front of her and opens his arms, "You can give me a hug like the way you hug him. Come on, give me that hug."

Y/n look at him deadpan. She cant believe she actually likes a possessive demon like him who easily jealous of a tiny little thing. She is still upset about him, he is too rough even with his creation. She stubbornly refuses to give him one.

Douma sighed, "I demand your hug, Y/n. Don't make me repeat myself." He calmly warns her. As much as she wants to push him away, she can't have him destroyed the half part of this house when his impatient gauge reaches its peak.

Though she knows what will happen next, she is too angry with him. "Y/n..." He called again and that's the cue for her to not make him wait too long. But before that, Douma already moves closer and pulls her into his forced embraces.

She could feel that he's playing with her hair now. Slightly inhaled the scent of white strawberry and sweet mint from her hair when he rests his head on her shoulder.

"He's just a clone Y/n, with the purpose to deal with the battlefield, he's not even a cuddle partner. No need to be that upset and defy me."

"Yeah... Yeah, my bad." She halfheartedly says it, she narrowly avoids his usual unstable temper.

"Be grateful, my dear. Muzan sama ordered us to stop looking for you and back to our main focus. Now I have time for you to spend. You're happy right? Say it." He pushed.

"I'm so happy." She said dryly.

"All my hard work finally paid off. Though I'm quite enjoying mislead them, now everything comes back to normal." He giggled. "Ahh... That reminds me, will my Y/n start to live with me? I will keep you away from humans and demons. Promise."

Y/n do like him, but to start living with him is another story. Her genuine feeling towards him is still defeated by how Oyakata sama and her family would think, especially Giyuu. She knows that Douma wouldn't take 'no' as an answer but she really can't do that. Not without good intention.

"Too quiet." He hummed, "Too busy peeking out the future?"He mocked. "Well, wouldn't it be better if you were near me? You think so too, right? You don't need to keep me as a secret anymore or saving this Wisteria House's face when Kagaya Ubuyashiki heard about our little secret."

"True."

He can't help but laugh. He grew bored living alone in his temple and Akaza constant visit wasn't entertain him anymore. "Lets go. No need to bring your clothes, I can just buy it for you or whatever." He pulls her hand but stops when he feels that she's not even budged.

He hit his impatient gauge and glared at the girl. "I believe I told you that I give you some sense, Y/n?"

"Give me some time, ok? I can't just leave everything behind. They will send a searching party once they get to know about this."

"Searching party? From Demon Slayers Cops? Cool, I'm ought to see it."

"I'm not going to run away, Douma. At least let me say goodbye first."

"Sure. You have 5 minutes." he lightly said that.

"Douma!" She scolded him and he groans in frustration.

"I know. I know... Gezz. You said you liked me, but the way you called my name sounds like you dislike me so much."

Y/n never thought that its get harder each time she deals with him. He angrily walks away and when she called him again, he gets angrier. "What now?"

"There is one particular moment that I wish you could let me go home... Or part away with you." She carefully said. There's no point getting Douma to hasten his killing spree now but he needs to know their position when that time has come. "You know what I mean..."