Chapter 26

It's been days that Akaza stopped visit the temple. No grumpy demon. No Demon who loves to criticizes every little thing that Douma and Y/n did. Douma should be relieved but he kinda miss his presence here.

That demon weirdly retreats himself once he sense awkward tension between Douma and Y/n on the night they have a night stroll together.

The silent treatment he gets from Y/n confused him more, plus, it's obvious now that she try to avoid him at all cost, saying that she has a lot of books waits to be read as her excuse. And Douma who thinks that he has a such big heart gives her the space she needs. Either unaware of his current situation or choose to play dumb.

"Since that night she shut herself in her room."

"I don't care."

"She won't talk to me."

"... I'll do the same thing."

"Where did I go wrong then?"

"How the hell that I know that!" Akaza groaned in annoyance, punching the floor where it leaves a big hole, some of the fragments even hit Douma's forehead.

"If she starts to become annoying why don't just kick her out from your place? Her departure will fix everything."

Douma laughing while playing with his fresh wound, poking it repeatedly. "I can't do that, Akaza dono. I don't like it if she seeing another person. It's for our sake afterall, so I don't need to throw a fit rage and she's out of harm." He giggled. "Do you think I should ask her by myself? By force if necessary."

"And if she still doesn't want to?"

The demon throws his usual smile to Akaza, "She will. I will use my charm to confront her."

---

Y/n engrossed herself with a lot of books when Douma slide opened the door, she just glances at him then back to the book she reads.

Douma never used to her silent treatment, he was pretty distraught by it.

His rainbow eyes set to her coldly. No one speaks as the sound of his footsteps echoed through the room and the dripping blood followed to where he walks.

His face, especially around his mouth is smeared with the blood he gets from eating a human flesh a moment ago and he carelessly wiped it with the back of his hand.

That's what he called by using his charm.

But the girl remains unfazed, he doesn't like it if she's ignored him when he demanded her attention the most, so he snatch the book from her hand and throw it elsewhere.

"What's with your attitude these days?" He asked. Grabbing her chin so he doesn't look anywhere but him.

"So you decide to lend me your ear this time?" She scoffed. "I was appalled by how slow your brain could work." Y/n still possessed a weird disappoint-like feeling towards him, so her choice of words might get her into trouble.

"Language Y/n, I try not to be violent here." He warned her with his eye smile. "My brain is not accustomed to your childish behavior this past few days so give me some slack."

"Oh, I'm surprised you remember my name." She cooed, "What was her name again? The one you mistakenly called?"

"Yare yare... You won't let that slide easily, huh?" He sighed but he still firmly gripped her chin. He finally figures out what upset her lately, but still, for him, it's not even a big deal. "Is it really necessary for you to be that upset?"

Y/n wants to slap him so bad for talking carelessly like that. But if she slaps him, it won't ease her disappointment, he can't keep up with her point of view. She remembers what Akaza trying to tell her before, maybe he was right, the demon can't do human trivial things. Even though she pointed out that she doesn't need Douma to return her feeling, but the fact that she can't gain her composure when he recalled another female's name is a proof that she actually needs him to notice her feelings more.