Chapter 27

I currently rewatch Shingeki no Kyojin from S1 while waiting for the S4's next episode then it comes to my mind. What if Levi is one of the hashira...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Douma 100% believes that the problem between him and Y/n is over, he ends it beautifully yet she acts completely at odds. She will not visit him unless he summoned her, she can't even stand to look him in the eyes for too long when they are engaged in conversation. Sometimes, she would steal a glance when Douma engrossed himself with random things, she eventually stares at him with her dreaming eyes a little bit too long, completely unaware that Douma could easily catch her zoning out. And if he did, she quickly looks away with her cheek visibly rosy than usual but then she looks sad.

It happened a ton of times. Douma starts to think that maybe she got some kind of human disease and when he brings his face closer to her and cup her cheek so sudden in order to cast his healing ability, it's freaking her out and her face turns bright red.

"I don't understand human..." Douma complained while fixing his face from getting beaten by Akaza. He thinks there is something wrong with his healing ability so he asked the Upper Moon Three to run a test on him whether he is still capable to use it or not which Akaza gladly advances to Douma's temple and grants his wish with all his heart content.

"If it's about your human friend again then I'm not interested to hear that, you simp." Akaza looked at him deadpan. "It's bored me to death. Aren't both of you already make up?!"

"We did." He smiled cutely at him and another punch lends on his face again. "RUDE!" He yelled dramatically to annoy him. "Yet she still avoids me, but in a cute way. She looks flustered when I'm around." He giggled remember her.

"I'm not surprised if you did a lot of shit to her. Knowing how rotten you are, you probably giving her a death threat or constantly harass her. "

"Eehhh??? I didn't do any of that." He whined, he feels extremely offended by Akaza's words. He forgets how useless Akaza is every time he had an issue with Y/n. He has no choice but to ask her by himself again. "You may go now, Akaza dono. Your presence is not required anymore." He grinned and Akaza gives him his final blow as a goodbye.

---

Even though the night was already this late, Douma couldn't wait any longer. After Akaza kiss him goodbye with his punch and that unfriendly demon was completely out of sight, he aimed for Y/n's room. He just about to pass the lotus pond when he saw Y/n there, sitting on the wooden floor.

Instead of approaching her right away, he takes his time studying her facial expression from afar. How lovely she is, and he wants her to remain here forever. His footstep caught her attention and she stares at his outfit tonight. Douma has rarely seen wearing his old yukata when he still held Upper Moon Six title.

"I-- I thought you were coming to see me... So I was waiting for you here." She said. Trying to not be carried away by how attractive he is right now.

The demon weirdly looks calm and finally act as his physical age. His mission for tonight is to talk to her and apologize to her if it's needed, he yearns for the relationship he cherished before he unintendedly fucked up that night.

He sit beside her, makes a little space between them while his other self screaming to cut the distance away. "I do." He smiled, hoping that she understands that he comes with peace.

"Where did I go wrong this time?" He asked right away, "I want to understand you more and I won't ask you to summarize it. Promise."

Y/n could see the genuine feeling beams from his rainbow eyes. She feels bad for creating some scenes that he is not familiar with. For some reason, she starts to forget that Douma is actually a demon, unconsciously saw him as a human. She remembers how he keeps on trying to look her in the eyes yet she keeps looking away. She never feels this extremely bad, not even when she compared to how many lies she told Giyuu.