Chapter 4

Giyuu is different now. Even though he said he's fine, he start to distant himself from everybody, even Y/n.

Y/n knows that he's not intentionally spoiled their friendship, and she's fine with it.

There is no use to force him anymore. He deaf himself .

But every year, during the time The Final Selection is being held. Giyuu will visit Wisteria House, Y/n and him will be seen on the roof top as their tribute to their late friend, Sabito.

None of them talk, focusing to send a prayer for their dear friend. After some times, Y/n looks more relaxed and Giyuu seems more approachable.

"Congratulation, Giyuu kun. Or should I call you hashira sama from now on?" Y/n started, she's too eager to make a conversation with him.

"I'm just about to tell you now." He said lowly, slightly annoyed by the way she called him. "Did Oyakata sama tell you?" Giyuu knows that she's spend her time mostly at Ubuyashiki Estate and to be honest, its not surprised him when she know about it.

"Nope."

"I see." He nodded in understanding, he realizes its probably based on her vision, "Then tomorrow we're probably going to meet at Oyakata sama place. I supposed you're going to attend the hashira meeting too right?"

"Yes. By the way, most of them are friendly and approachable, I believe you can make friend with them." She hoped Giyuu could make friend but after looking at his expression, she know he wont bother to do that, "please..." She pushed.

"I don't know about that, making new friend sounds need too much effort."

She snorted, she know he will give that kind of answer, the pessimist one. "At least try to memorize their names, ok? Lets go inside, tomorrow we leave early."

Giyuu didn't answer and obediently follow her when she escorted him to his room. Giyuu trained himself so hard to getting rid of his weak side, after years hunting demons and showing his skill mastering Breath of Water, he gets promoted as a hashira where the position was vacant for many years. Although he reach the high position within the demon slayers, his guilt never seems to fade. Even he didn't feel happy at all.

The 'talk active' Giyuu is disappear within less than 12 hours. Once both of them set their foot on Ubuyashiki Estate yard, Giyuu return to his quiet demeanor and even called Y/n by her last name. He said to prevent unwanted question and misunderstanding.

Though she think his decision is exaggerating, she played along with it.

During the meeting, she keep professional and sit on Oyakata sama right side, ready to assist him everytime he needs. She introduces Giyuu under Oyakata sama's order and feel relieved when the other hashiras looks interested with him.

After the meeting is done, the hashiras back to their duty and Giyuu has Uzui Tengen as his mentor until he get used to his role as a hashira. They have opposites personality and she can imagine how Giyuu being all silence while Uzui flamboyantly start his preach.

With years passing by and the number of hashira start increase, she witness how death is walking close behind their shadow. This job never seems to be the safest one, it do filled with honour, saving people is a noble thing. Her ability wasn't improve at all in case of prevent someone's death like what happened to the Flower Hashira before.

Y/n also questioned Muichiro's sanity when he become a hashira in such a young age, sure he is such a fine swordsman but she can't understand it. Does the hatred and vengeful towards the demon really worth the fight?

Y/n is on the way to her home when the snow start to fall lightly. She give a smirk to Giyuu when Oyakata sama send him to investigate a remote village in the woods this afternoon, she even told him to keep his pace so he doesn't come too late on scene, hiding the fact that he cant save the entire member of the family.

She smile remembering him and feel a light tap on her shoulder. She get confused as nobody there when she turned her head. The road is not fill with a lot of people and the sun is already set an hour ago. But when she started to walk again, she feel another tap on her shoulder. This time she felt goosebumps and didn't dare to turn her head, she know whatever it is, its start to aim her.

As far as she remember, this area has a zero report about demon sighting but the intense fear she felt, it could be the first report for The Demon Slayer Corps.

'A ghost? Maybe a ghost? But ghost doesn't exist...Demon is.' She mumbled by herself while walking faster and when she's brave herself to turn her head she quickly regret her own guts. That thing smirked on her.

Her breath hitched and she bump into something and she quickly apologize while clinging to whoever it is when she feel a soft fabric like clothes. A demon who followed her before doesn't even wear a clothes.

"Araa~~ Araa~~ So clingy aren't you?" She's about to look at his feature only for him to pull her face to the crook of his neck.

Douma is silently send a chill to a lower class demon before him which he took as a warning and immediately retreat from The Upper Moon Two sight.

"Good evening, Y/n. It really take years to finally meet you. How are you?" He smiled, he give an appropriate gap between them.

"Douma san?" She stuttered, she looks back and got nothing roaming behind her. What confused her more is her encounter with him, its a little too soon. Based on her vision long ago, their second encounter should be in early spring not early winter.

"You look pretty disoriented, not trying to sound rude but you look cute when you frowned like that." He chirped and motion her to the path that lead her to a place he wants to. She know its not safe to have a walk in the night, especially with someone she barely know but she follow him anyway.

She give a glance to the path she used to take that leads to her home then walking farther to where Douma takes her