Chapter 13

As a hashira, Giyuu devoted his life and soul to fight the demon race. The blue eyes took Oyakata sama's order seriously. He never show any mercy to those who stand in his way to cut down demons, the only exception is for Kamado Tanjiro's case.

Giyuu come back to the headquarter with uncertain feeling. He finished his mission splendidly, he do what Oyakata sama order him, but does Oyakata sama ever mention to protect a demon? Even if she fight along too?

No. Oyakata sama never give any permission for him to do that. But when Shinobu proceed to aim for Nezuko head, he quickly shield her and her brother. He well aware that he violated the solid rule of The Demon Slayers Corps and understanding that his action will lead to the punishment he never imagine before.

Giyuu stand in the garden, distancing himself from the other hashiras but eventually drag himself to where's the other were when Oyakata sama came with Y/n and one of his child. Y/n look at him calmly and that's enough for him to convince himself that somehow he will manage to get away from this problem.

As always, Y/n attend the hashira meeting but Giyuu managed to catch a glimpse sign that she's been zoning out. Like her body is here but not with her mind. But he's amused by how she capable to catch up with the discussion. She always like that, smart and innocent. Giyuu swore his life to protect her from anything, from demon or even human itself. Her existence is what keeping him sane. He took her marriage arrangement with the only son of Ubuyashiki family halfheartedly, he hope that someday she will find someone she loves but if she doesn't and if she's too hopeless, or even if he think that there is no single soul in this world that fit enough to spend the rest of their life together with her then he would ask for her hand in marriage by himself.

"Oyakata sama, may I ask where is Y/n?" He popped the question in front of the other hashiras when Y/n is not there to escort them out.

"She probably helping Amane, its about time to dinner afterall. Do you guys want to join for dinner with me?"

"Even if its such an honour for us, we don't want to disturb whole family dinner." Himejima politely decline the offer.

"Enjoy your dinner, Oyakata sama. I wish for you an your family having a splendid night." Kyojuro chimed in. Same goes to the other, they politely refuse the offer.

"Is that so? Next time I hope all of you can join me." Said Oyakata sama.

"Then, can I take Y/n home?" Asked Giyuu who quickly revise his words when he unintentionally caught his comrades attention. "I mean...walk her home."

"Sure, thank you for doing that. Kiriya will feel relieved too." Oyakata sama leave all of them near the gate, probably going to tell Y/n to go home. Giyuu ignored the fact that the other hashiras behind him is having no clue about his friendship with her so he effortlessly dodge any kind of question coming from them.

"What a rebel. You're not only violate the rule but you appear to initiate a forbidden relationship with soon-to-be Oyakata sama's daughter in law." Shinobu playfully teased him.

"He flamboyantly screwed up."

"Forbidden relationship? Like what?"

"No. No. Muichiro kun is too young to know about that." Mitsuri closed Muichiro's ears. "Though that idea is quite intriguing..."

Giyuu just give a small glance to all of them and quickly took Y/n's hand once she appear before him and excused himself to the others. Y/n let him lead the way, thinking that asking why he wont join the others to the snack shop would be too pointless. She understand why he always distant himself with them.

"What?" She asked the man who walk in front of her. "You said we need to keep professional when we work. Why you casually asking me through Oyakata sama?"